Any clutching changes on 2018 skidoo?

Skidoomiles

Reaction score
It would be nice to see some calibration changes on the clutching. It is far from perfect, it creates way to much heat compared to my xm. The belt travel isn't even close to max travel on the clutches, I ran my 850 against one that had some clutch changes and he killed me. Just my personal experience.....

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they released the P drive last year. The clutching is spot on for 2017 what did you want changed exactly

Blind-Man-Walks-Into-Gorilla-Exhibit.jpg

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
p drive.jpg

hey let's turn the back of the p drive into a fan. i wonder how much to retro fit on this years models. cause if i cant keep a belt on a renegade with a 1.75 and knee deep sticky snow. i can't help but believe all the issues with the summit's.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing from Club that new gearing and clutching specs for the Summits on the 2018's is what our guys were told. No specs shared by BRP and no word yet on a retrofit for people that are experiencing issues. Will comment when I hear more.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they released the P drive last year. The clutching is spot on for 2017 what did you want changed exactly[/QUOT

Maxwell said the clutching is perfect....any issues you are experiencing are absolutely false...stop making up stories......move along....nothing to talk about here................lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they released the P drive last year. The clutching is spot on for 2017 what did you want changed exactly[/QUOT

Maxwell said the clutching is perfect....any issues you are experiencing are absolutely false...stop making up stories......move along....nothing to talk about here................lol

I really don't think he would know good clutching if it slapped him in the ass?

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Facebook Ski Doo and watch the videos. Bulkheads were addressed, clutch, belt, and gearing changes addressed. Improvements are being made.

Skidoomiles

Reaction score
Hearing from Club that new gearing and clutching specs for the Summits on the 2018's is what our guys were told. No specs shared by BRP and no word yet on a retrofit for people that are experiencing issues. Will comment when I hear more.
Thanks for the info. It's too bad some guys don't understand clutching, sometimes all it takes is a few tweeks. With all the complaining, one would think the world was coming to an end. I guess all the other brands never need any tweeks.

Top Bottom