Any clutching changes on 2018 skidoo?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gear it up , make it use the whole clutch, make it not slip, it's not a friggen diesel.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20626846c22dfc2f72eb326b396eb0a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Your temp is not what others are experiencing. The Internet makes a big deal out of nothing. You are riding wrong. Poor throttle control. You don't let your clutches cool down. Some dealers haven't had any of their sold machines experience clutch heat. I know, since there is only a few of you that are having issues, we will make the clutch into a fan so it blows the heat straight into the big pile of snow that gathers in front of your foot on the game changing running boards and won't allow the new fan clutch to blow any air out whatsoever.
As a favor to you though, we will get China to make us a new heavy duty belt that may or may not withstand the belt temps. On the bright side, we will charge you more for the belt as if $205 plus tax isn't enough already. We, as a corporation, thought it would be a good idea to leave the reason for clutch heat alone. Band aid solutions is what our shareholders like. BTW, we are having a price increase this year.

Last edited:

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they released the P drive last year. The clutching is spot on for 2017 what did you want changed exactly

2017 clutching is horrible. Belt life is low guys riding hard in steep and deep are seeing 250-500 km. Some guys up to almost 20 belts now. Back shift is horrible on stock clutching. Heat in the belt and seconday is 30-40 degrees higher then skidoo says max can be. Out of the box at 6000-7000 feet guys were over reving like crazy (i know that's calibration) Belt deflection has to be adjusted every day i check my XM or Axys when oiling and afjust every 3 or 4 days the 850's need adjustment almost evey day

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
umm , if your belt is not moving up and down in the secondary the only thing that is shifting is the primary , kind of like locking your transfer case in low range . major cause of skidoo belt issues is primary outshifting secondary these are the belts that are completely grenaded . kind of wish this fellow rode a different brand than me , then i could say stupid f'''''g"" you fill in the blanks rider"" doesnt know anything about skidoo tuning ...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for calling him out cause I have yet to see one with the panels open in 40 days of riding.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Thanks for calling him out cause I have yet to see one with the panels open in 40 days of riding.
Well this solves it. No side panels seen open in 40(30 were socked in) days=no problems. Close the thread. Nuttin' to see here. Move along.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing getting burned is Polaris Industries......however I don't think it's the Gen 4 clutches or belts.....Probably all the RZR fire recalls.....Let's roast some marshmallows and crack open a fresh Doo-Laid :beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017 clutching is horrible. Belt life is low guys riding hard in steep and deep are seeing 250-500 km. Some guys up to almost 20 belts now. Back shift is horrible on stock clutching. Heat in the belt and seconday is 30-40 degrees higher then skidoo says max can be. Out of the box at 6000-7000 feet guys were over reving like crazy (i know that's calibration) Belt deflection has to be adjusted every day i check my XM or Axys when oiling and afjust every 3 or 4 days the 850's need adjustment almost evey day

your killing me.:rolling::rolling: those big mountains of fort Murray must be steeper and deeper than the ones out west here because thats not the case at all in these parts. by your math someone has 10,000km on a G4 already to use 20 belts. how stupid do you have to be to not drop that thing off at your dealer and say WTF after i duno....maybe the second one??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want to use all the clutch face if for no other reason (and there are other reasons) to dissipate heat.

Also, just because the sled reaches and holds rpm, doesn't mean the clutch is working well at all-the belt may be slipping.

if its slipping you are going to see rpm fluctuations

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need for a muffpot with those clutch temps. Ride 850 wfo for 5 min set food on belt. Cook for 5, flip cook for 5 more min. wait for food to cool and enjoy your nice warm meal. Idk why guys are complaining so much do just saved u 50 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya? Come for a ride old man. leave your 3foot windshield and hand guards at home though. Same with you Matt come show me how good your clutching is compared to mine hahahaha what a joke!!

Wipe the snot off your nose, pull up your pants, and try to pretend for a bit you have achieved some maturity so far. Try !!!!

Top Bottom