Another Huge Spill

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one wants to see any kind of spill. As sumx says lighten up. Salt water will be a little more unfriendly than oil but cleanup will happen.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old pipelines are going to have leaks, that's a fact of life. Build new ones that don't.
Don't know how old the Zama line was, but all the major leaks in the news lately were pipes that were past their time, built with old world technology.
Some early flow lines were made if wood. Better methods came along and still keep coming along

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Zama leak was a newer line only 5 yr's old, plastic/fiberglass type flex pipe.

Big condy spill NW of Manning, 150,000 lits. reported...

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes! This is a scary read considering how many spills were never reported years ago.

Alberta’s had an average of two crude oil spills a day, every day for the past 37 years.
That makes 28,666 crude oil spills in total, plus another 31,453 spills of just about any other substance you can think of putting in a pipeline – from salt water to liquid petroleum

Introduction: 37 years of oil spills in Alberta | Globalnews.ca

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back willy,, where you been? got banned again?

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only reason this is in the news is because it happened in Alberta. I'm in Manitoba cleaning up a spill right now, produced water/oil, been here going on 50 days, but nobody heard of this one or the one that happened three weeks ago 2km from this spill. (two diferant oil companys) and they just started to do the clean up. Funny thing was, three lines in a ditch and the morons cut into a live flowing oil line and now a bigger mess on the 2nd spill. I don't wanna bite the hand that feeds me but the oil patch is a joke. Drilling/exploration side top of the budget, Enviromental side, here's some change go grab a soda. They just do enough so the media stays off they're back, till this happens. Instead of spending a few hundred Gs on smart pigging so they can have a better profit margine now they spend millons on a clean up which could have been prevented with proper management and and monitoring. Just my worthless 2c

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the real world really knew the true amount of spills and leaks out there.
We were on one this winter 36" line been leaking for nobody knows how long into the spill for 1mil and change. Still can't find the leak. Had to stop because cant access the line anymore because area around it is to wet do let it leak till next winter and try again
They can find the area of the leak but not the actual leak the guys spent three weeks hauling contaminated soil from the site. Will be back again to start over come Freeze up

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the real world really knew the true amount of spills and leaks out there.
We were on one this winter 36" line been leaking for nobody knows how long into the spill for 1mil and change. Still can't find the leak. Had to stop because cant access the line anymore because area around it is to wet do let it leak till next winter and try again
They can find the area of the leak but not the actual leak the guys spent three weeks hauling contaminated soil from the site. Will be back again to start over come Freeze up

If you guys are all against the oil and gas industry quit working in it or come up with a better way to extract/transport/refine petroleum products or quit supporting its growth with consuming our products, and last time I checked sleds/quads/boats/bikes still require petroleum so why not leave the site as well, they have protest groups all over that are looking for support both online and in person, cry fest posts about the industry every week are pointless and if our industry hurts your feelings so bad stop supporting us by heating your home with natural gas, driving your cars and toys, or using any of a multitude of products made from our produced products

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys are all against the oil and gas industry quit working in it or come up with a better way to extract/transport/refine petroleum products or quit supporting its growth with consuming our products, and last time I checked sleds/quads/boats/bikes still require petroleum so why not leave the site as well, they have protest groups all over that are looking for support both online and in person, cry fest posts about the industry every week are pointless and if our industry hurts your feelings so bad stop supporting us by heating your home with natural gas, driving your cars and toys, or using any of a multitude of products made from our produced products
Your post should be on a poster for the Northern Gateway Project.

I have another idea, do a better job.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Very well said! These people don't realize what else comes from oil and gas besides the bad **** the news blows out of proportion! Totally agree if ur against the patch sell ur toys and vehicle and get a bike..... oh wait parts of a bike come from by product as well, get to walking in ur hemp clothes and wooden shoes!!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have an idea, we've been doing a better job every year consistently and statistics prove this fact, our governments continue to allow old unsafe lines to be used and/or operated by uneducated morons who lack proper training, as well all of you positing clearly have no or little idea to the industry and it shows by the lack of knowledge shown in each post. Blames yourselves for electing a government that allows companies to operate as they do and yourselves for consuming the products that cause the leaks, cry away girls fact is your as much to blame as the companies you're flaming, thanks for pushing the industry that feeds my family and friends

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not against it in any way. Maybe came across wrong just saying. A lot worse than people know
Oil and gas lets me live fairly well :)

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nobody, not even Willy is saying the oil & gas industry is not needed.

Have a coffee and let your brain wake up before posting. We are paying through the azz for those products that you mention, oil companies are always making huge profits despite the waste we in the industry see everyday.

How much of the environment should we let the oil companies destroy to make those profits ? The resources are owned by the people and it's our responsibility to protect the environment and it's resources for future generations.

If you were aware what these same companies get away with in their operations in 3rd world countries, I think you would want to send a message like most of us do. Do a better job or GTFO.

We are already paying for clean oil & gas, lets get our monies worth.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why dont you show em how to do it? Sounds like you know WAY more about it then these oil companies do.

Or are just waiting to reveal your Cold Fusion reactor to the world...lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is alot of experts here so maybe someone can answer a few questions for me.

How many miles of "sub standard" pipelines are currently in operation in Canada?
What would the cost be of Upgrading these lines?
What would the net gain (Liters) be in terms of reduced spillage?

Top Bottom