Anodizing - Powdercoating in Calgary

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone from Calgary has had some anodizing and or powder coating done from someone in Calgary and would recommend them. Part of the summer project is doing some color and I am currently looking for a good place to take my stuff. Tog Gun coatings was my first choice but they don't do anodizing and i would like to take all my stuff to one place if possible. Thanks in advance !!

Heres a pic of the tear down so far :p

Attachments

• P1000105.jpg
    P1000105.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 191

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the rev chassis the tunnel is part of the bulkhead, to remove the tunnel or ever change one it requires cutting and then tig welding back together. I haven't touched anything to do with the motor yet and really don't want to. Only thing left that i need to remove are the foot pockets and those are riveted to the bulkhead in the engine compartment, they are coming off for the drop and roll. The tunnel will be getting a good wet sanding until very smooth and then polished to a mirror finish. It all works out into my color scheme, should look VERY nice.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I had some ceramic coating done at " Top Gun Coatings " they also did other coatings etc. They are on McKnight and around 12 th St NE Top Gun Coatings. I am not sure if they do anodizing - they would know who does .

Cheers:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Derek at JIT Coatings for your powdercoating. He might be able to steer you to an anodizer as well.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like it might take a while to put back together

actually only took me a day and a half to get it to that point while i was organizing cleaning and putting things away. Once i get everything prepped and back from getting coated the re-assembly should be a few days. The most time consuming thing i have done so far is sanding and polishing aluminum... and elbow grease... jeez, now i know why people pay to have things polished haha.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe give Daryl Baker a call at Racers Edge he get anodizing done in town not sure where though.....

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe give Daryl Baker a call at Racers Edge he get anodizing done in town not sure where though.....

Thats a great idea, they anodize tunnels all the time and such, most stuff from him is actually anodized or powder coated. Ill give them a call tomorrow.

Ill post what he tells me for anyone else looking into this :)

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Daryl at Racers Edge gets his powdercoating from Top Gun Coatings and his anodizing is usually done from Andersons in Edmonton. He also told me he uses a place in Okotoks but i didn't catch the name. I think im going to check out a few places in town like; Alberta Base, ACE Specialty Anodizing and Indalex to see what they can do for me.

Cheers

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya ok modman but ya know i am starting to get a little older might have to move in thread killers class now or fernie snow or maybe even snow pro that's what happens to us older sledders you know Alzheimer's :confused::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

Top Bottom