Amsoil Testing For E-tec. 18 Page Technical Study.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't BRP have to prove any failure was due to not using their oil, to deny warranty? All of the manufacturers recommend using their brand of oil, but as long as what your using meets the standard they set it should be no issue.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people that don't run the manufacturer oil whether it is Cat, Doo,Polaris run it because it is cheaper. That is the only reason. Why anyone would want to fool around with different formula's for the most important part of your snowmobile I don't understand. If you look at how much oil an ETEC uses in a year it may add up to maybe $10-20 dollars more. Why fool around for the price of a pizza?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people that don't run the manufacturer oil whether it is Cat, Doo,Polaris run it because it is cheaper. That is the only reason. Why anyone would want to fool around with different formula's for the most important part of your snowmobile I don't understand. If you look at how much oil an ETEC uses in a year it may add up to maybe $10-20 dollars more. Why fool around for the price of a pizza?[/

Some people just prefer to use what they like, I get Amsoil delivered to my door and save some money on it. I think the real question is why do the manufacturers try to weasel out of their responsibility to the customer. This comment is not directed only at BRP they all seem to do it. When I buy parts for any of my power sports toys it feels like I've been taken advantage of. When the brand name oil, grease, brake fluid, ect. Is double the cost of the generic brand it's a total rip off!!

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Most people that don't run the manufacturer oil whether it is Cat, Doo,Polaris run it because it is cheaper. That is the only reason. Why anyone would want to fool around with different formula's for the most important part of your snowmobile I don't understand. If you look at how much oil an ETEC uses in a year it may add up to maybe $10-20 dollars more. Why fool around for the price of a pizza?

Mmmmmm....pizza

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp can not legally void you warranty for not using there oil unless they can prove 100% that the brand of oil used was the direct cause of the failure or unless the provide there oil no charge to the user

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ams Intrceptor for years and no problems only oil I'll run in mine.

Top Bottom