Amsoil Testing For E-tec. 18 Page Technical Study.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
My friend who sells Amsoil pointed me to this study. Amsoil was a bit put off with Skidoo's claims about only using "Skidoo Oil", so they spent some time and money doing a thorough testing up to 150:1 ratio. Good for them I say! Too much bull and big talk. I like facts.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the stuff. Used to use it in highly modified race sleds. Pistons looked great but crank bearings suffered to thge level of extinction. They got a good thing going with the Amsoil Girl marketing though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about being a dealer? Its not that hard and everyone that runs it pretty much sells it. Save you a few bucks.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ran interceptor in my 800r. Then I realized when I bought my etec that it was 1 dollar difference here in town. My as well just run the brp stuff for sound of mind for 15 bucks a year. In my case anyway.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ran interceptor in my 800r. Then I realized when I bought my etec that it was 1 dollar difference here in town. My as well just run the brp stuff for sound of mind for 15 bucks a year. In my case anyway.

Dealer is more likely to cut you some slack if a problem arises and you are running his oil. I know BRP warranty reps would always ask me if the customer was running Doo oil when I was trying to get warranty on out of warranty product. Thats proof in the pudding right there.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer is more likely to cut you some slack if a problem arises and you are running his oil. I know BRP warranty reps would always ask me if the customer was running Doo oil when I was trying to get warranty on out of warranty product. Thats proof in the pudding right there.

Exactly Ken. Also they treat me pretty good. Don't mind repaying the favor. With three years warranty if something does happen I don't want any troubles or doubts. Especially over a couple bucks.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The skidoo oil does smell a bit, I have a 09 800 XP as well and it runs nice with the Amsoil. Tried a few brands over the years and I know there is lots of good oils out there.

Amsoil is a great product. Run in my dirtbikes over the years and is in all the running gear of my truck. Like I said ran in my 800r for 3000 trouble free km. Just made sense for the switch to me in my new sleigh. Technicalities.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Skidoo will be re-writing their rulebook because other companies are doing testing and proving that their oils are equal to or superior than the product they say you have to use. I can see litigation in Skidoo's future if they refuse warranty on a oil related problem in an engine IF the engine was running on a proven safe oil for that engine. Just sayin's all...
I like BRP's product but I don'r like the games these big companies play with propaganda. I try to look at things with a broad perspective and I like facts...again, just sayin'.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me, it's not really about the oils. It's about a company stating that ONLY their product is acceptable. I remember years ago a manufacturer trying to get us to use only "their" brand synthetic oil in the watercraft jet pumps because it was sooo much better/superior (plus twice the money). I called bullch!t on that one, dug around a bit and found a cheaper high quality substitute. It's always about money in the end. I just don't like to be told that "only our product works" by a company who's also selling/making profit off it. I'm sure in a few years a number of other companies will challenge this rightfully so. But they have to prove it and thats a good thing. By the way, the E-tec marine engines have been running many various oils for years now.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've used the Amsoil for years. Everything is cleaner with less deposits.

Last year with the 2012, I switched to Spectro full synthetic. I like what Harp does on the site and in the community!

My mechanic said and I quote, "I don't care what oil you use, I'll look after the warranty part.".............

Top Bottom