All New 2016 Pro Rmk is coming to our showroom FRIDAY MARCH 6TH

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I'm a cat guy and got invited to Kuster's Camp in January and got to ride a T3 174 for three days. What great way to try out a sled before buying!

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
Our DSM was here today answering questions about the 2016 machines, here's what we've been told, might help answer some of your questions:

PRO RMK
- Belt drive for 2.6"
- Chain drive for 3" track - sled still weighs 417 pounds with chain drive
- Swaybar & narrow front ski stance
- Forged aluminum a-arms
- 408 pounds

Assault RMK
- No bulkhead cooler
- No bogey wheels
- Steel a-arms
- Wider ski stance
- No swaybar
- 3" available for snowcheck
- Chain drive
- Shocks calibrated differently thank SKS models

RMK SKS
- Bulkhead cooler
- Bogey wheels
- Forged aluminum a-arms
- 2.4" track (in season) with 2.25 peak and 2.6 available for snow checks
- Chain case
- Norrow PRO ski stance with swaybar just like PRO RMK
- Different shock calibration than the Assault RMK

- Switchback Assault is a carry over from last year

- Rear cooling lines are increased in size for this new generation chassis - placed better for more snow coverage with the track 'whipping up' snow to cool the lines - this is why the RMK assault does not have bogey wheels this year.

- 4 year warranty is a mirrored factory warranty - it is NOT a 'powertrain only' warranty

- Camolplast makes the new 3.0" and 2.6" track, both are 6-8lbs lighter than last years track. These tracks are exlusive to Polaris.

- 3.0" track will come with 7 tooth drivers, 3" pitch

XanderKane

Reaction score
Our DSM was here today answering questions about the 2016 machines, here's what we've been told, might help answer some of your questions:

PRO RMK
- Belt drive for 2.6"
- Forged aluminum a-arms
- 408 pounds

Assault RMK
- No bulkhead cooler
- No bogey wheels
- Steel a-arms
- Wider ski stance
- No swaybar
- 3" available for snowcheck
- Chain drive
- Shocks calibrated differently thank SKS models

RMK SKS
- Bulkhead cooler
- Bogey wheels
- Forged aluminum a-arms
- 2.4" track (in season) with 2.25 peak and 2.6 available for snow checks
- Chain case
- Norrow PRO ski stance with swaybar just like PRO RMK
- Different shock calibration than the Assault RMK

- Switchback Assault is a carry over from last year

- Rear cooling lines are increased in size for this new generation chassis - placed better for more snow coverage with the track 'whipping up' snow to cool the lines - this is why the RMK assault does not have bogey wheels this year.

- 4 year warranty is a mirrored factory warranty - it is NOT a 'powertrain only' warranty

- Camolplast makes the new 3.0" and 2.6" track, both are 6-8lbs lighter than last years track. These tracks are exlusive to Polaris.

- 3.0" track will come with 7 tooth drivers, 3" pitch

based on the current floor model has polaris beefed the tunnel and tunnel/bulkhead area. Had terrible luck with my 14 pro. Middle of the tunnel dented on the first ride and tunnel got linked at the bulkhead and was written off. Any talks about tunnel bracing being needed or recommended like the newer MY1a-MY15 Pros?

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
It should be coming south eventually yes, not sure where it's headed from our location. As for the tunnel bracing, nothing has been mentioned or offered in the new accessory catalog, only time will tell. When the PRO was first released they offered stiffeners in their accessory catalog as an add on, but there's nothing in the new one so we can only assume nothing yet is being offered.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I give props to Doo though. They have had more dealer rides in the past few years than I think anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think cat last year had a 15 in every dealer. Not sure if you could ride them but at least thats better than one prototype that travels the country.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think cat last year had a 15 in every dealer. Not sure if you could ride them but at least thats better than one prototype that travels the country.

Yeah but Cat still has the 13, 14, 15 and soon the 16's still sitting at every dealer.

They can't give those things away. I think their motto is "flood the market and they might come"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
The 2016 PRO has been picked up, its on route to our Cycle Works Edmonton location, 5688 75th Street. It will be there for a couple days and will be coming with us to the Boat & Sportsman Show taking place at the Expo this weekend. Look for the Cycle Works booth (we'll post where we'll be when we know it) Still more time to catch a look!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The 2016 PRO has been picked up, its on route to our Cycle Works Edmonton location, 5688 75th Street. It will be there for a couple days and will be coming with us to the Boat & Sportsman Show taking place at the Expo this weekend. Look for the Cycle Works booth (we'll post where we'll be when we know it) Still more time to catch a look!

Looks like you're in the same spot as last year, Hall A, at least according to the Floor Plan on the website:

PrtScr capture.jpg

ralpher

Reaction score

PRO RMK
- Belt drive for 2.6"
- Forged aluminum a-arms
- 408 pounds

The 3" 163 is 426 lbs
The 3" 155 is 421 lbs

Top Bottom