All MUDDERS!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohh ohh let me "NOT to worry it was on PRIVATE land" it seems to be the answer for every one

I have a hard time understanding this, but why do people think they can do whatever they want and not have any regard as to how the environment will hold up, and if the trails will be available to ride next year?

What's your reasoning?

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I see it is the trails are already there,stay on the trails and do not make new ones.And pick up you own garbage. Quads are not the only thing that damage the enviroment or forest or wetlands.:nono:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shibby
if you are so worried about the enviroment why are you even involved in this forum or sport ?? Do you have a white picket fence around your house ??? Let me guess you have never spun a tire or cut a rut ??? your quad or sled does not produce any smoke ??? You probably drive an electric car to your destination and then unload your electric golf cart and go for a ride ??? Lets be realistic here we are all guilty at some point the oil and gas you use every day comes from the ground that is hurting the enviroment

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shibby
if you are so worried about the enviroment why are you even involved in this forum or sport ?? Do you have a white picket fence around your house ??? Let me guess you have never spun a tire or cut a rut ??? your quad or sled does not produce any smoke ??? You probably drive an electric car to your destination and then unload your electric golf cart and go for a ride ??? Lets be realistic here we are all guilty at some point the oil and gas you use every day comes from the ground that is hurting the enviroment

So with your reasoning, does that mean it's 'ok' for everybody to go above and beyond what sustainable management has proven can be sustainable just because we can?

As for my actions; I don't deny I polute, I cause errosion, and I'm not perfect for the environment. HOWEVER, what I do, and how I go about it, is an attempt to minimize my negative effect while still enjoying it.

Simple isn't it? I can assure you the majority of people out there are doing a very half ass attempt at even considering it.

Next time you think or want to bring up a complaint about over enforcement, area closures, or bad public views on our sports, think just who brought that on in the first place.

So little action is required now to make such a massive difference, but the majority of users feel it's not necessary. Well, in a few years if things shut down, you only have yourselves to blame.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And for just a few things I do:

1) I ride with an expensive trials tire because it reduces errosion from my motorcycle.
2) I'm a member of a motorcycle club who actively and agressively fights and works to keep trails open.
3) I volunteer my time to introduce people to our sport and teach them proper ways of enjoying it.
4) I don't ride when its wet because it's unnecessary damage to our trails
5) I volunteer on clean up days to clean up after those who leave garbage behind
6) I volunteer for trail clean-up
7) I volunteer for trail management and implementation of trail infrastructure,
8) I lobby to have a mandatory fee for all users so we can get the proper funding to allow us to continue to enjoy our hobbies.
9) I post signs to inform other users that quads legally have to stay off motorcyle trail,
10) I ride legal and approved trails

Now, can I ask what you do? Other then putting intake extensions on your kwad and riding with a raincoat?

Before you make an even bigger ass of yourself, please consider what you do, how you do it, and what others are doing to allow you to continue to do it.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And for just a few things I do:

1) I ride with an expensive trials tire because it reduces errosion from my motorcycle.
2) I'm a member of a motorcycle club who actively and agressively fights and works to keep trails open.
3) I volunteer my time to introduce people to our sport and teach them proper ways of enjoying it.
4) I don't ride when its wet because it's unnecessary damage to our trails
5) I volunteer on clean up days to clean up after those who leave garbage behind
6) I volunteer for trail clean-up
7) I volunteer for trail management and implementation of trail infrastructure,
8) I lobby to have a mandatory fee for all users so we can get the proper funding to allow us to continue to enjoy our hobbies.
9) I post signs to inform other users that quads legally have to stay off motorcyle trail,
10) I ride legal and approved trails

Now, can I ask what you do? Other then putting intake extensions on your kwad and riding with a raincoat?

Before you make an even bigger ass of yourself, please consider what you do, how you do it, and what others are doing to allow you to continue to do it.

Not to be a dick here but just because you decide to do this doesn't make you anymore entitled than anyone else.

And I really hate when i see people like you whine about ATV Trail abuse.

Go look at a cut block and then come back and tell me we ruin the land.

what a ATV does to the land is no more than 10inches deep and 6 feet wide over 1 year that ground is back to normal typically.

look again at a cut block .. or go look at a coal mining site.. or the tarsands.

There is nothing any ATV could ever do to even compare on any scale to what these guys do in 2 seconds.

It really bugs me man .. OH i ran over 1 Tree I'm destroying the land.. seriously people need to get a grip. We have been building roads and trails for 1000's of years and no one whines then but rip up a little mud in a bush somewhere and everyone freaks out.

yet no one says FK all when a logging operation mowes down 50 sections of trees on a cut block. and leaves the stumps and all the damn scrap logs laying all over the fking place in a way that looks like a A bomb went off.

people seriously have their priority's totally FKED UP.

again i say .. what ever piddly ass damage our ATV's can ever do is so much less than anything the industry can do .. they can do more damage in 1min than All our ATV's combines could do in 20 years.

its the fking idiots who throw garbage down and destroy ch!t like Indian burial grounds that gather attention and get things closed down.

Buddman27

Reaction score
Isn't this the MUD PIT CHAT. Sorta seems like the wrong place crusade against mud riders. Pick up your garbage wear your helmet and be respectful. Pretty simple to me.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly.

i mean obviously there are cases where people should stick sole to the trails on for instance parks or things like that. but holy crap people go overboard with the Anti mudding stuff.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be a dick here but just because you decide to do this doesn't make you anymore entitled than anyone else.

And I really hate when i see people like you whine about ATV Trail abuse.

Go look at a cut block and then come back and tell me we ruin the land.

what a ATV does to the land is no more than 10inches deep and 6 feet wide over 1 year that ground is back to normal typically.

look again at a cut block .. or go look at a coal mining site.. or the tarsands.

There is nothing any ATV could ever do to even compare on any scale to what these guys do in 2 seconds.

It really bugs me man .. OH i ran over 1 Tree I'm destroying the land.. seriously people need to get a grip. We have been building roads and trails for 1000's of years and no one whines then but rip up a little mud in a bush somewhere and everyone freaks out.

yet no one says FK all when a logging operation mowes down 50 sections of trees on a cut block. and leaves the stumps and all the damn scrap logs laying all over the fking place in a way that looks like a A bomb went off.

people seriously have their priority's totally FKED UP.

again i say .. what ever piddly ass damage our ATV's can ever do is so much less than anything the industry can do .. they can do more damage in 1min than All our ATV's combines could do in 20 years.

its the fking idiots who throw garbage down and destroy ch!t like Indian burial grounds that gather attention and get things closed down.

:thumbsup2:

shifty suzuki

Reaction score
Well I hate to sound like the guy that's is the stickler in the mud, if you know what I mean, but I really dont go out quading to rid down a dusty old dry trail. I'm sure there is alot of people out there who would agree with me. I think where the problem lies is where people go off of the trails to make there own with no regard to habitat and what else is affected by riping up some virgin soil. You will never get people to stop mud riding, or even go around the holes on the trail. The best thing that everyone can do in my opinion is stick to the trails and pack out all your garbage.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
It would be nice if the money from registration on Quads or the bikes would go into building bridges etc.I am not a big mud rider but i don't hate it either. I do like the trails as long as there not as dry as a popcorn fart.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if the money from registration on Quads or the bikes would go into building bridges etc.I am not a big mud rider but i don't hate it either. I do like the trails as long as there not as dry as a popcorn fart.

This is being proposed and will likely be mandatory in a few years. We should know more in a few months. Right now it's approx 55$/yr.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly.

i mean obviously there are cases where people should stick sole to the trails on for instance parks or things like that. but holy crap people go overboard with the Anti mudding stuff.

Mudding itself isn't so much the issue to me, but don't get areas closed down after people work for years to keep them open. Bogging out a creek and it's banks, right next to a brand new quad bridge, is what will get areas closed. If you need to show off right next to staging, where the SRD guys don't even have to get out of their truck to see your damage, please go ride somewhere else.

MOST guys are responsible, pick up their trash, and only bog through existing mud holes, but the SRD guys don't have the money and resources to get the guys who are the real pricks. We all get lumped in together and if they see tons of damage, they don't go catch the guys, they will just shut the whole area down. Then you can't (legally) ride your quad, bike, jeep at all. There are guys who say "I'll ride there anyway, after it's closed!" Well give yourself an internet pat on the back tough guy, as you're probably doing a great job of making us all look bad, wherever you ride, whatever you ride, whatever season it is. Obviously you can't look in the mirror and realize you are "that guy."

Logging probably causes the most damage to all these areas, but the problem is that the government doesn't seem to care. Instead, they'll go after a bunch of guys who are just mudding on EXISTING seismic lines in Waiprous, but they won't let us build a better trail around the bog. You and all your buddies can ride a lifetime and not leave a mark like logging but we're in the crosshairs, not the loggers.

On top of it all, don't give the Yukon to Yellowstone pricks any more ammo to get our areas shut down. They have big dollars and are relentlessly looking for ammo to give some city pencil pusher a reason to close the foothills and mountains down to motorized access.
Don't get in a pissing match with someone who is trying to keep areas OPEN, point your sheet talk at Yukon to Yellowstone and the local greenies they empower.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess one mine as well sell all the toys. don't seem to get enough snow to sled and if I can only quad when it is sunny anb dry and no mud well guess the days will be limited :) it all comes down to a little respect and sense. I for one pack a chainsaw and material required to build a bridge or 2 if required rather then plaw a new trail around a mud hole. I also know that once in the mud hole and stuck no sense in continueing to spin the tires cuase you are not helping. When stuck practice the 3second rule and then pull out the winch.

P.S
it was plus 13 this weekend and it is starting to get mudding :)
only on private land though :)

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wowsa!! I just saw the title All Mudders and thought I'd like to join in because I love to ride in the mud. Perhaps the title should be changed.........

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is kinda like going on to a ford forum and saying FORD sucks and trying to convince everyone to get gmc

GWNBrute

Reaction score
Shibby go start a forum where your views will be heard by people that want to here them. Read the forum name!!!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd try to inform people, but obviously you don't care or too stupid to realize the issues you are causing.

Selling the kwad now might not be a bad idea Mudboy, in a few years it might not be worth anything.

Top Bottom