Airbags

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i had friends over from alberta this weekend for my brothers wedding, they had never seen an avy bag before, so i said, well im going to deploy mine for them. i strap it on my buddy and tell him to pull the cord. He does this and the bag half inflates at best. needless to say i was a little pissed off. last summer when i deployed it, it went off without a hitch. now with some further investigation i seen there has been some snowpulse canisters that have leaked off. so maybe a word of caution to those with the snowpulse (pre 2012 trigger and canister setup) check your gauge regularly and maybe put a dot on the glass when the needle is reading and see if it moves from there. my bag is the 2011 snowpulse higmark II

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a recall on those. Some of the gauges leaked. Get ahold of Avalanche Safety Solutions in Golden and they'll swap out your gauge/cylinder for the updated one.

dooradical

Reaction score
Wow, that totally sucks. At least there is a recall so that should take care of the problem. I know that my BCA bag recommends deploying the bag at the start of each season to ensure everything is working properly. I am sure the other companies have similar recommendations.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best not to assume everything is working until u check, i'll be checking mine this fall. so far i haven't used it, hope never to either.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You would probably use yours as a personal flotation device sooner than an avy pac...js
best not to assume everything is working until u check, i'll be checking mine this fall. so far i haven't used it, hope never to either.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I changed my cylinder out for an updated one last season, though the gauge seemed to hold. Brothers and dads had leak issues though, we all bought the pro rider 10l at same time. Pretty sure I got an email about it from.. cant remember who. When I got the bag it came with forms for 'registering' your bag. Whoever I sent that to is who informed me there was a re-call. Any dealer should be able to take care of this for you. A direct swap/exchange.

Top Bottom