Air filter clogging!!!!

s/b tech

Reaction score
COULDN'T KEEP THE AIR FILTERS FROM CLOGGING WITH SNOW AND ICE.
THE TWO PROBLEM SLEDS WERE AN 03 SUMMITT 800 ZX AND A 98 RMK 600. ANY SUGGESTIONS AND TRICKS TO PREVENT THIS IN THE FUTURE. THE SNOW IS WAY TO GOOD WASTE WHEN YOUR ONLY CARVING AT 6200 RPM.:beer::beer::)

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havin the same problem, both sled 05 900 rmk and the rev are suckin up the fluffy stuff then just boggin and getting stuck, thinkin of molding some plastic into the shape of the cowl induction hood (for lack of better term) and seein if that'll help the rev from bogging.

s/b tech

Reaction score
Going to try wrapping the intake filters with slp screen material and see if that works. Anything to make the situation better.:)

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find that on my 06 rev that air filter thing just ices up and then boggs like mad and in the deep its just sucking up the powder. i was thinking of the vent material aswell let us know if that works!

STOLLER99

Reaction score
i put on the timbersled clean air intake kit on my old rev and it fixed the bogging problem. even just a set of pods and pre filters would probably be just as good.

s/b tech

Reaction score
Did some checking today and found that slp makes round pre filters that will will fit into the dash, beside the speedo and tach. These, with the wrap around the the original filters, hopefully will do the trick. Just oredered them up today:d:beer:

Will let you know how they work!!!!

belch1217

Reaction score
s/b tech

When you are done all that make sure that the foam on top of the airbox is mating good with the hood if there are any gaps you will suck in snow thru the front hood vents also.:beer:

Reaction score
Going to try wrapping the intake filters with slp screen material and see if that works. Anything to make the situation better.:)

that and switch out the metal screens on the hood and put mesh covers the block almost all the snow. Had to put those on mine and i never had a bogg after that from the air filter getting covered

Top Bottom