Aftermarket Fuel Tanks

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
looks like a good product, I see they are advertising that thier tanks come "baffled" so that should stop any splashing, I'm not sure but Transport Canada might have some rules about how many litre's of fuel can be carried under a non-commercial veihicle. I think its a better than having to put one in the box of your truck box.

tasco

Reaction score
Before you decide to buy.

Looking at the photo's on the website. It looks as if the tank is 4 inches lower than the frame of the truck. Will it get scraped if you go off road with your truck?

Otherwise it is a great idea.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very Cool.let me know if one of you guys go with this and where you get it done as this is the answer for me.I will look into it as well!
catmando!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ron you should have no problem with tank. Some questions I have are#1. Does it have a extention for your fuel pick-up on your pump? #2 Is it fairly strong to take pounding from road kick up? Your truck is basicially a "Pavement Princess" other than a odd spring sled trip up the mountain Yes? I see no problem with the tank your truck is lifted and has good clearance but you may see it hanging down below your truck.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know some dodge guys that have bought them for their dodges and they liked them. I think they work hard to make a good product. The only thing that has stopped me from getting one myself was the price (i'm just not there yet and don't drive that truck enough). I always worry about the inbed tank and the fuel cap thing, this seams safer and saves the bed space. Sorry I don't know anything more.

Big Grump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron,

Have you talked with the guys at NADP?

Dennis-NADP

Reaction score
Website
www.nadp.ca
Check with DOT (Dept. of Transportation) or make sure this tank is DOT certified. I know DOT has inspected aux. tanks in trucks and have given fines for non-DOT compliant tanks.

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Check with DOT (Dept. of Transportation) or make sure this tank is DOT certified. I know DOT has inspected aux. tanks in trucks and have given fines for non-DOT compliant tanks.

you can pretty much use any fuel tanks you want that are secured in you vehicle right now. As of 2010 that changes, make sure this tank is double walled. as of 2010 all fuel tanks must be dual lined fuel tanks we are in the process of getting our tidy tanks switched over before the law comes into effect.

Hitchguy

Reaction score
Transferflow makes a great tank for trucks. SB 180 L LB 212 L look on the website if you need somemore info I have one in my 06 gm LB and love it and you fill from the original location give me a call if u want 986-5755 Trevor.

Top Bottom