A serious hockey question

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
OK.........now lets be honest here.:p

If you had to choose a team to watch in the playoffs who would it be?

The Flames? Have you seen their record of late? Kipper pulled and a complete lack of team unity. The really arent going to make it far, specially without home ice advantage.

The Nucks? Luongo pulled two times in last week. Morrison gone. Other than the win over the Flames, when did they last score 6 goals in one game. They aren't going anywhere fast.

The Oilers? Young, fast, determined, and exciting to watch the last month. Roli has been standing on his head (outshined yes by Theodore miraculous glove on Penner). CMON people.

If you are a fan of hockey you know the answer here. Yes my opinion may be slightly biased. But out of the three, the Oilers will be providing the most entertainment in the post season.

With that said..........GO OILERS GO!!!!:D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Either one, Calgary or Edmonton. It was Awesome when they both had thier chances !..... Sure enjoyed the Red Mile !!! :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go canucks go.. Bc man at heart , but if van ends up out then i'd go for the oilers..

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Oilers will provide the MOST excitement in the playoffs hands down... just look at their history compared to the others. I hope they can edge their way in somehow? Tonights games is obviously a must win or we all might have to watch the Shames or the Canuckleheads in the post season :) :rant::rant::rant:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont really give a chit who is the most entertaining just who wins. What I do know is the Oiler coach is a cry baby,pussy,and needs his blankie. He was on the news tonight saying the Flames hit to hard BAHAWABAHAWABAHAWA. He was just on the news congratulating Patrick Roy's Son for punching out a non combatent goalie. He said you have to be tough to play hockey. Thats tough.? Mctavish must be drinking again. I hope for everyones sake he's not driving again. CONVICT .......May the Best Team Win

GRD

Reaction score
Yes my opinion may be slightly biased. ..........GO LOSERTONS GO!!!! :D:D:D:D

I am in Calgary and have been a Flames fan since I moved here.... Hard not to be after the RED MILE!!! GO FLAMES GO! Although you make some fair points!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am in Calgary and have been a Flames fan since I moved here.... Hard not to be after the RED MILE!!! GO FLAMES GO! Although you make some fair points!

GETR'DONE... remember the REDMILE is only a cheap attempt at replicating the "Jasper Ave" glory days from the 80's and 90's in E'Town!! :D By the way, We enjoyed that about 5 times or so :D:D How many times have you guys enjoyed the Dead Mile, sorry ... I mean the Red mile? :rolleyes::confused:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk about living in the past, kinda like thumb sucking and wishing for the good old days. Hell GRD and I weren't even born yet:D

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Oilers will be great entertainment if the whole team shows up. There were so many games this year that wasn`t worth watching. When they made the playoffs they played as a team, no sat back and let someone else do the job.

GRD

Reaction score
GETR'DONE... remember the REDMILE is only a cheap attempt at replicating the "Jasper Ave" glory days from the 80's and 90's in E'Town!! :D By the way, We enjoyed that about 5 times or so :D:D How many times have you guys enjoyed the Dead Mile, sorry ... I mean the Red mile? :rolleyes::confused:

Scotty... I was just stating who I was a fan of... Wasn't comparing cities... Never been to Jasper Ave so can't not compare....

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
I dont really give a chit who is the most entertaining just who wins. What I do know is the Oiler coach is a cry baby,pussy,and needs his blankie. He was on the news tonight saying the Flames hit to hard BAHAWABAHAWABAHAWA. He was just on the news congratulating Patrick Roy's Son for punching out a non combatent goalie. He said you have to be tough to play hockey. Thats tough.? Mctavish must be drinking again. I hope for everyones sake he's not driving again. CONVICT .......May the Best Team Win

OK......I heard that little speech and regardless of what MacT said....what he said about Hemsky not caring was awesome. Hemsky said that Regher is just out there doing his job. Which is 100% correct. As for the comment on the Roy boy and the "non combatent goalie". The question I have was why was he non combatent? That doesn't make any sense in my mind? Brawl on ice goalie's skate out and you attempt a fight in all those pads? Now, I am not agreeing with what Roy did, but CMON....ya get in there and drop the gloves?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK......I heard that little speech and regardless of what MacT said....what he said about Hemsky not caring was awesome. Hemsky said that Regher is just out there doing his job. Which is 100% correct. As for the comment on the Roy boy and the "non combatent goalie". The question I have was why was he non combatent? That doesn't make any sense in my mind? Brawl on ice goalie's skate out and you attempt a fight in all those pads? Now, I am not agreeing with what Roy did, but CMON....ya get in there and drop the gloves?

You are questioning why a goalie doesn't fight.
That doesn't even become a issue when.
A X NHL goaltender encourages his son also a goalie to skate the length of the ice to fight a non agressive goal tender. Even TIMBIT players are disgusted with the action. And your issue is why didn't he fight. Or as you put it "The question I have was why was he non combatent. If you are such a hockey fan and self proclaim your self as a expert with all your hockey knowledge. YOUR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS EVENT SHOULD NOT BE ADDRESSED TO THE INNOCENT GOALIE. COME ON TAKE THE MIC AND ASK REAL QUESTIONS TO THE ROY FAMILY.
P.S. only 1 goalie skated out, did you see this ?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty... I was just stating who I was a fan of... Wasn't comparing cities... Never been to Jasper Ave so can't not compare....

Just trying to have some fun... Jasper ave was a blast when the Oilers were winning in those days. If you experienced the energy you would'nt forget it... thousands of crazy people letting loose... mostly good people and some bad unfortunatly.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
I do believe I wrote that I didnt support what Roy did. :nono: But I was curious about the fact that the other goalie didn't engage at all. That is rare with those types of incidents in high intensity games. I am not saying he should have stepped out, but what was his motivation not to......maybe perhaps he was the one guy on the ice with more composure than the rest. Good on him for that.

I do feel very strongly that the conduct of both of the Roys' was absolutely ridiculuous. It gives fuel for the "anti-fighting" people out there. What happened is bad for the game. Now, we have entered back into the debates about fighting and hockey (which could probably be a whole other thread).

As a fan of hockey who enjoys watching a good fight, i can only hope that this whole debate doesnt go to far.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love a good fight but both participants must be willing. If a player chooses not to engage and has not provoked the incident he should not be forced to fight. Roy and Roy should be done in Hockey.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Of course they should both be willing and I personally think that more focus should be spent on stick infractions than fighting (of course if there are willing partcipants).

As for our friend Patrick.......that sure isnt going to help him get a job in the NHL...but if they flames hired Keenan I guess anything is possible;)

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course they should both be willing and I personally think that more focus should be spent on stick infractions than fighting (of course if there are willing partcipants).

As for our friend Patrick.......that sure isnt going to help him get a job in the NHL...but if they flames hired Keenan I guess anything is possible;)

Whoa back up the cart. Maybe Keenan has strange ways. But dont point fingers when Your coach is a convicted killer. It's easy to criticise to avoid having to face your own issues.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Whoa back up the cart. Maybe Keenan has strange ways. But dont point fingers when Your coach is a convicted killer. It's easy to criticise to avoid having to face your own issues.

LOL!!!!

Honestly though, think Keenan will still have a job after this season?

Top Bottom