a little unnerving

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so watched the early news tonight and there was a story about rcmp riding the ski hills now to police people. They talked about how if people cant police themselves then police are required this concerns me as it could be a sign of things to come. i personally am a law abiding citisen who dosnt drink on the hill however i dont really want to start seeing cops in the back country as to me it defeats the purpose of being there in a sense. Thoughts???

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so watched the early news tonight and there was a story about rcmp riding the ski hills now to police people. They talked about how if people cant police themselves then police are required this concerns me as it could be a sign of things to come. i personally am a law abiding citisen who dosnt drink on the hill however i dont really want to start seeing cops in the back country as to me it defeats the purpose of being there in a sense. Thoughts???

Seeing the police in the back country would no absolutely no difference to my life what so ever. I go to the hills to ride not to drink, my sled is registered and insured so no issue there. Can't think of any reason that it would bother me.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep!

people start to act like a jackass, attract cops, it all is not surprising.

Why else would you think they are there? I myself have nothing to hide either.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, and they were carrying sidearms. why do you need the capability of shooting someone on the ski hill? Really? lets get a grip.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We see them all summer on quad trails. Checking plates etc..

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares? Saw border patrol today on sleds in Montana. Nothing to worry about when you have nothing to worry about. If they start telling you where you can a cant go and at what speeds then that'd be a different situation. IMO.

Reactions: cs5

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first we got threads about stopping and asking every person with a sled in there truck if its stolen, and now this?

is this site inhabited by criminals or something

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weekend in Barkerville, B.C. there was RCMP present in the staging area checking for sled registration and trailer insurance, along with 12 MoE's on the hill on sleds or in choppers checking for non-compliance. The day before when we rode the Torpy in the McGregors, the MoE's were out in the choppers doing patrols and on sleds as well. They were giving out their "business cards" when we arrived back to load up.

We were warned following the Global news story a couple weeks back that there would be a crack down. While we may not agree with it, I believe it's not going to go away anytime soon....in my opinion those sledders that are going into closed areas are ruining it for the majority of ethical sledders out there. If you have your sled registered and proper insurance on your trailer you shouldn't have a problem with the cops though.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt enen know you needed registration i carry insurance on my sled always have but have never registered a sled before is this a requirement in bc? i guess if the cops stop one accident it isnt a total loss but i know they have beter things to do it said in two months on the ski hill one drug seizure im sure it was small as well two months of police work surly couldve amounted to more then one lousy pety bust if resources were utilized beter instead of wasting two months playing in the snow policing a vastly law abiding recreational group

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the police in the back country should be alarming to anyone, even, no, ESPECIALLY the law abiding..The RCMP have the freedom and power to take away any of your rights and liberties, based solely on their say so, regardless if you're innocent....If you think you're innocent until proven guilty, you've never had a clown pissed off at you. They can bring down a world of trouble, based merely on their 'instinct' or perception of you....then you pay 10's of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees just to have the crown say, "our bad, charges withdrawn" Innocent until proven? no. if it comes to your word against the clown, you lose. end of story. Don't ride with them, don't show them any quarter. They're not out there to look out for us. they are there to screw you. law abiding or not.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, and they were carrying sidearms. why do you need the capability of shooting someone on the ski hill? Really? lets get a grip.
Part of the uniform. When police are on duty they are required to carry them. All were carrying when they rode on our media ride last month.

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me! Never had a problem. Must have been a bunch of complaints. Like someone already said. "If we can't police ourselfs, we will get some help" Was at a vintage sled show and ride and the RCMP were very accomodating. Visited with the gang and were on had with their sleds to tow the broken stuff back to the staging area! Situation was a huge positive. Ususally, if you done "Give" attidude, you don't get "attitude" Cheers.

Top Bottom