a little help which i allways need

lorenzo

Reaction score
hi all.yes i;m a newbie here and that we have both a atv and a snow machine.i don't drive them but ride bi--- on them. my accident 6 years agoe left me with no hands .one eye, part of rt leg messed up can;t hear worth a poop butt still a force 2 b recond with..we live in northern michigan north of gaylord. so lets see where this goes..last year the 1994 arctic zr700 drove fine,this year runs fine but when she gets on it and starts 2 acclerate a clunking sound is heard.i had her tighten the belt still klunking.if its raized up and engage the clutch all sound and feels ok .i can;t see anything broken where the clogs are to turn the belt.also i had her take off the cover where the gearing is and all looked fine. the sled has 3500 miles on it ;;yes this is our first snow sled besides all that WHERE'S THE SNOW,, thankx 4 any advice..larry:beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
First of all, :welcome: to the best "toy forum" on the internet.

Secondly, sorry to read about the results of your accident. Sounds scary.

Thirdly, start simple and it sounds as if you have. When you lift the track, does it sag down quite a bit? It may be ratcheting (too loose) and producing the clunk sounds. Then maybe the chain.....just some easy things to inspect.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome that you get out riding!But check your belt it might be as simple as a flat spot from parking brake being left on or track being stuck or froze!If not the belt check the bearings on the drivers and the cross shaft behind the secondary clutch.Raise it up and use a pry bar to wiggle the drivers at the front of the track and there should be no movement.If not that inspect the track for a break or tear in it.Hope it something simple!

Top Bottom