A few pics of a Az desert ride.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A ride we took in December from my place in Yuma, out into the desert to an old abandoned mine and what's left from an old plane crash. There is so much to see out in the desert. Even found a beacon south of Yuma towards Mexico, to summon the border patrol. ;)
Gonna head back down in March:D

Attachments

• Yuma 1.jpg
    Yuma 1.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 422
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 436
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 430
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 427
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 417
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 433
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 424
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 429

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy that area but its been more than a few years now since I have spent time there. I used to like walking across the border but I suppose its a little more difficult now?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wild- I do take my machines down, that's my machine and my buddys machine. He lives there full time. I have a place in the Yuma Foothills so my machines stay down and I bring them back in spring. You can drive them on the streets down there so we ride right from the house.
Take- We walk into Mexico in Los-Algodones all the time. We get all our dental and optical down there. WAY cheaper than up here! Not sure how long it's been since you were down there but there is a fence all the way now. The riding is awesome down there, we actually trailer our machines up to Quartzite to ride with some friends up there as well. Lots of old abandoned mine and cabins up there too.
We will be down in mid March too rzrgade. Might be able to hook up for a ride. My email is xmachine@hotmail.ca shoot me an email, maybe we can get together. :)

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i really enjoy that area but its been more than a few years now since i have spent time there. I used to like walking across the border but i suppose its a little more difficult now?

walk across the border to mexico is a swing gate.... No cameras, no questions, nothing..... Coming back into mexico has dogs, sometimes pat downs, cameras everywhere.... Get my teeth done there too. Had a post put in and 2 crowns and cleaning and attempt at whitening, all for $1300. Was quoted $5-$7000 up here for just the post :(

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
walk across the border to mexico is a swing gate.... No cameras, no questions, nothing..... Coming back into mexico has dogs, sometimes pat downs, cameras everywhere.... Get my teeth done there too. Had a post put in and 2 crowns and cleaning and attempt at whitening, all for $1300. Was quoted $5-$7000 up here for just the post :(

Yup, was going to be $2000 up here for a root canal, was $480 down there and the best care and the least pain I've ever had, nevermind it was done in one day! It is US funds so with our Trudeau dollar it's a little more but still way cheaper. You are right, you just walk into Mexico like your walking across the street, no one even looks at you. BUT, you don't want to forget your passport, you can't get back into the states without it! LOL.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol just quoting what trump thinks we are. Looks like a blast down there, happy trails.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. We are hanging out on the Parker strip. I am so kicking my ass for selling my rzr every day when the folks (about a dozen) head out for a desert ride. The riding around here looks amazing. I really have to figure out some way to transport and get another machine.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard Parker is great riding, would love to ride out to the Desert Bar sometime. I have rode Quartzite a few times and there is great riding there as well as Yuma.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did the Desert Bar couple times in the Jeep. Would love to do it on quad.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If or when you go to Desert Bar and you have your significant other with: Only get one order of food. It is good and there is lots. Their beer batter fries are Oh La La.

Top Bottom