A-arm slightly out of alignment....big problem or not?

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all, I'm looking at buying an '09 xp but I noticed the right ski was about an inch back from the left. the shock also sits about 3/4" back from the front of the a-arm. I've ridden it, and aside from being a little 'darty', it doesn't seem to affect the driveablity. does anybody have any words of wisdom about this?
also, what's the general consensus on this model year?
thanks, in advance.:)

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all, I'm looking at buying an '09 xp but I noticed the right ski was about an inch back from the left. the shock also sits about 3/4" back from the front of the a-arm. I've ridden it, and aside from being a little 'darty', it doesn't seem to affect the driveablity. does anybody have any words of wisdom about this?
Twisted s module, better off passing on this one, maybe grab a pic and post it

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 you might be interested in... and its clean

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use that as an excuse so you can get it cheaper, then ride it! I hit stuff with my 09 and moved my a-arm back about that far and kept on driving it. And after awhile it seemed to work it's way back strait. I know it sounds stupid but I think it's the play in the rivets and there holes, then after awhile it goes back to normal. If you can get it cheap buy it.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sons xp has the same issue hit a culvert and replaced the s module but never changed out the a arms and shock. He has rode it like that for two years not a big issue if its just the a arms. But i would be taking a good look at the s module and the bulkhead to make sure its not damaged. You can buy the s 36 package for this sled for 800 bucks it comes with a arms and shocks. Probably the best mod you could ever do to the older xps.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use it as a sticking point and get it cheap if you can. I wouldn't buy a bent one but I would ride one the way it is if I did it myself. You will not notice any difference when you are riding it and it won't affect anything but I would only buy a bent sled if it was a wicked deal.

Show me a guy with a REV or XP Chassis and I will show you someone with a bent NUN or module. They are just inherently weak in the front end.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '07 REV with a ski back a bit and I notice no problem riding. Go for it if the price is right.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone for all the great feedback, but I think my problems have been solved by a mint 2010 154, 1150kms, with a few extras (linq fuel caddy/trunk, scratchers, bar bag, mbrp can)....all for 7K. all it took was a good long talk over some rums to get my buddy to come around!-lol :beer:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone for all the great feedback, but I think my problems have been solved by a mint 2010 154, 1150kms, with a few extras (linq fuel caddy/trunk, scratchers, bar bag, mbrp can)....all for 7K. all it took was a good long talk over some rums to get my buddy to come around!-lol :beer:
If you can put up a little extra 1-2000$ and grab an etec it will save you money in fuel and oil and save the engine replacement at 25-3500km they all seem to detonate at

Top Bottom