99 summitt 670 x pipes

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Bob Miku @ west country Leisure (Buck Lake Bob) those guys have been building skidoo mods for years and he doesn't seem to throw anything away judging from the stuff in the front of his shop.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Split second pipes work great on this sled.Split second performance out of Valleyview,Alberta

ratatatat

Reaction score
That particular sled i feel is a bit unusual as the stock pipe was a well tuned system. I wonder if you'll gain much in the way of performance considering the cost of a custom pipe. You will lose some weight going custom.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told to take off the factory heatshield and get the pipe ceramic coated and that's as good as aftermarket pipes. Haven't got it done yet, next summer when the overbore kit goes in.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the pipe on my '98 Summit X ceramic coated and it cracked within 500 km of riding. This was after the sled already had 3000 km on it so I was told that the pipe was most likely deteriorating before I had it coated. We welded it up a few times but it just kept cracking in different spots on the pipe. I would suggest buying a different pipe (new) and ceramic coating it before you ever run the sled with it on. Just my opinion due to my past experience. Good luck.

codey.bukkos

Reaction score
Split second in Valleyview doesnt make pipes anymore that why im trying to find a used set somewhere

Dalecn

Reaction score
Hi my name is Dale, wondering if you found a set of pipes for your 99 Summit X. I have a set of NPP pipes, stingers and manifolds for sale. Paid 1300, NEW, will sell for $800. Used one season.

Dalecn

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Lee or Bruce at Mountain Magic in Edmonton. They used to have a set on the wall. I think they were crankshop pipes. If not they would be more than happy to send you in the right direction, may know of some used ones.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Codey, I tuned and modded the hell out of many 670's. I 've used JAWS and SLP before, both twins. Save yourself the trouble and powder coat the stock pipe and put on a lightweight can. You can even chose the color. Unless you do a tremendous amount of work to your motor, you won't see ANY better than the stock single...hands down. DOO actually made a really competitive single pipe on the 1999. Your biggest gain going aftermarket will be losing the weight. Thousands of experienced guys on the old Snowest site would agree. Peeling off the Aluminum/insulation shroud lightens it up a bit (couple pounds), then powder coat it so you dont melt anything and add a can, if you don't already have one. Also make sure you ditched all that underhood foam already.

Brad Cadieux.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my take on this is if your going to put pipes on then you NEED to do some other work aswell to really appreciate the GAIN your pipes are going to give you. Many FORGET if you are going to allow your engine to BREATH on the exhaust side, then you MUST allow it the same treatment on the intake side. ;)

P.S Please dont allow ANYONE to tell you the 670 is an outdated DEAD HORSE, thats far from the truth. Lots of these engines out there that will lay a good beating on the new 700 and 800's

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At any rate you guys should either try and find a set of the BIG BORE split second pipes used or call Ralph at split second in valleyview and ask very nicely to have a set made.:D

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the older 670's like pipes? I've got a 97 summit 670 and just bought crankshop pipes for it did I F-up? I was going to try and run the stock air box but I don't think it will breath enough? Any help would be great. I seem to want to throw money at my S-chassis for some reason LOL

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
If the pipes are designed for your planned usage they should be fine. Keep the airbox but gut it. There will be enough airflow for sure.

Do the older 670's like pipes? I've got a 97 summit 670 and just bought crankshop pipes for it did I F-up? I was going to try and run the stock air box but I don't think it will breath enough? Any help would be great. I seem to want to throw money at my S-chassis for some reason LOL

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the pipes are designed for your planned usage they should be fine. Keep the airbox but gut it. There will be enough airflow for sure.

Gut it? I looked in there and there isn't much in it,just the HAC thing is plugged in and the carbs push in other then that it just has the top foam and then a screen. Maybe its been done already?

Crankshop says the pipes are for my altitude use so I should be ok.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My '99 Has Cpi Pipes And I Did Take The Airbox Apart And Drilled Out 1 3/4" Holes In The "middle" Plate To Open Up The Air Box..... 670x Run Very Strong With Pipes, And I Think You'll Be Happy! SHOW SOME PICS

Top Bottom