850 ride review

xmrider

Reaction score
I was able to go ride both the 154 and 165 out at Kusters. I will start off by saying that I am currently riding a 14 xm 163 2.5 turbo. On the trail i was very surprised how well it did, i really noticed the new side panels and how there is two different knee positions. On the corners you can really get your inside knee way further up on the sled and keep up more speed than the xm throughout the corners. The 154 was better on the trail but that was expected. The snow conditions were somewhat setup to 2ft of powder, so we really got to test out the sleds on a variety of snow conditions. I will start off with the 154 3". The 154 was sure a playful machine very easy to maneuver and loved to wheelie! Side hilling was its downside when it came to really steep stuff. It was very similar to my 14 163 in how it would hold a line. Downhill turns were by far way easier on the new g4 chassis. Over all the 154 was a really fun sled to ride. It handled alot of different terrain surprisingly well. Now onto the 165 3". The 165 was my favorite by far for the type of riding i do. The 165 held a really good line on a steep slope and was very easy to control when doing so. This new 850 helped out a bunch with control as well. You just had to tap the throttle and you could set your track instantly. I really noticed the the throttle response and power difference when we were riding the steep and deep trees. This is where it out shined the xm by a long shot. For the really steep climbs i would definitely want to set my rear skid up a little different as the front end would want to start coming up. All in all i was very pleased with the new chassis and motor. One thing i did not like was it felt really fat up top where your gauge cluster and air box are compare to the xm. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

xmrider

Reaction score
The power is just more crisp and there as soon as you need it. My 800 goes a little better just cause it has a turbo.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how the new handlebar will hold up. I didnt look too close but its not a taper anymore? buddys SP. I thought I'd wait for a deep day to try it lol

Doo2015

Reaction score
How was the 165" in tight trees, boondocking and overall ability to throw it around? I currently ride a 15' summit x 154 but I will be getting a 2018 doo. I am considering a 165" but I'd really hate to lose on "flickability". I'm not high-marking all day, I do like a mix of the odd hill climb and technical riding though. Also, my 154" wheelied too until I set up the skid.

xmrider

Reaction score
The new 850 shines in the tight steep tree lines. I personally like the 165 just cause it is so much more forgiving in the tight trees where with the 154 you have to keep a little more momentum. And in the steep stuff the 154 front end really likes to come up.

Top Bottom