800 rzr

Fred R Meyers

Reaction score
Are there any RZR owners out there? I know I know my girls tell me it's not a quad to, but so far I love it, did the Trans Canada trail between Athabasca and Smith last summer, FANTASTIC, only problem, flat bottom clearance issues but easy fix, taller tires, anybody have experiance in moutain trails with this side by side?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The are great.

My wife goes every place a quad does with her rzr..
A lot of people have them.

Add a lift kit and some tires.

CTWilly

Reaction score
Mines been awesome on mountain trails. Lotsa fun. Maybe too much fun for hunting, ever since I started using my RZR for hunting I no longer see any game.:d

Last edited:

gmac

Reaction score
I like my rzr, the stock shock springs seem too sack out way to early. I put king shocks on and the ride is much better and I got some ground clearance back.
Other than that it's been flawless. There are many bolt on accessories available.

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 rzr , me and the wife havnt ridden the quads since we bought it in oct , we did find the clearance sucked a bit so i put in a rubber side customs 2 inch lift and that was a great inprovement (best mod so far ) tires and rims are next .

rancher

Reaction score
I have a 2011 rzr , me and the wife havnt ridden the quads since we bought it in oct , we did find the clearance sucked a bit so i put in a rubber side customs 2 inch lift and that was a great inprovement (best mod so far ) tires and rims are next .

you should phone paul at rubberdown. they are having problems with the rear lift on 2011 rzr. back cv is binding at full droop. wife bought rzr in sept put rdc lift in and when back is jacked up back wheels wont turn freely. the lift will work on earlier models. paul does know of the problem and is redesing the rear lift

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I love my RZR also...allways get off with a smile on my face. Even rave reviews from any passengers I have had along. Get in the sand/gravel pits...climbs like crazy. I go everywhere quads go
From what I am hearing, sounds like I should be getting a 2" lift.....I also read that if you get the 150 lb front and 200 lb rear spring makes a big difference.
Does anyone know if you can run both? Or which would be better if you can't?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode quads my whole life, and this summer I bought a RZR. I dont't think I can go back to a quad now!!

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my RZR also...allways get off with a smile on my face. Even rave reviews from any passengers I have had along. Get in the sand/gravel pits...climbs like crazy. I go everywhere quads go
From what I am hearing, sounds like I should be getting a 2" lift.....I also read that if you get the 150 lb front and 200 lb rear spring makes a big difference.
Does anyone know if you can run both? Or which would be better if you can't?

I have the Racertech 2" lift and Makin Trax progressive springs, more clearance and better than stock ride with no squat.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I have the Racertech 2" lift and Makin Trax progressive springs, more clearance and better than stock ride with no squat.

Sounds good RZR101 can you take some pics of these mods and post? I would like to see them on a unit

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is. The rigs still a little dirty and I didn't take any pics of the install. It took about 2 hours to install both ends, 4 holes to drill in the rear and one in the front, the front hole is optional in the center but a good idea if you ride hard. you can see from the front picture the inner bolt is the origional shock location, they roll the mount point, this gives more shock height without lowering the total drop (no CV bind) yet I gained 1 3/4" ground clearance. The springs are awsome, the progressive rate gives a smooth trail ride and the harder you pound them the tighter they get, I haven't hit bottom yet (had to put new shock bumpers in when I changed springs) and I gained another 1/2". I haven't had a chance to load it with a lot of mud yet to check sag but I have a feeling it won't be an issue. I got the lift kit from UTV Inc and the srings from Makin Trax, about 10 days delivery and right now I think the dollar is about par. The picture of the two machines is with the lift, no springs.

Attachments

• IMG00010-20101221-2121.jpg
    IMG00010-20101221-2121.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG00009-20101221-2121.jpg
    IMG00009-20101221-2121.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG00011-20101221-2122.jpg
    IMG00011-20101221-2122.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Side x Side.jpg
    Side x Side.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 127

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good RZR101 can you take some pics of these mods and post? I would like to see them on a unit

Here's the pictures of the bumpers, couldn't attach them to the PM.

Attachments

• IMG_0004 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0004 (Medium).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0005 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0005 (Medium).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 112

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the kit I bought.....we'll see if I should have spent more..not bad reviews though
3/16 steel with the quick detach front links and front spring spacers

Attachments

• daa0_12.jpg
    daa0_12.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom