7 foot sled deck in bc

summitzx

Reaction score
I have a 7 foot sled deck with a 13 xm 163. It over hangs about 4 feet and i am not to sure of the laws in alberta or bc if that is legal or not. Any info would be great thanks

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a 7 foot sled deck with a 13 xm 163. It over hangs about 4 feet and i am not to sure of the laws in alberta or bc if that is legal or not. Any info would be great thanks

To be legal you just need a red light you can attach to the end of your sled. Thats the law on anything that hangs over by four feet or more.

harper44

Reaction score
What they said.... Need a red light visible from up to 150m (in the dark) or a red cloth flag (daylight only) for any load extending 1.2m or more past the outside limit of the main body of the vehicle as per the BC motor vehicle act Division 4.2.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
I have a 7' deck and a 163 and bought a aluminum extension piece that sits on the back bar and under the deck and "locks" into place with a red led I wired into the existing wiring on the deck and just use a plug to connect or disconnect. Seems alright.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember even with flags/lights they can still tag you for an unsecure load if it's hanging off too far to properly tie it down.

steve a

Reaction score
I think it's 3 feet or more red light at night and or red/orange flag in daylight. Ask a trucker he will know for sure

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Summitzx I bought mine at RPM Powersports in Whitecourt. I don't know who makes them I just got talking about extension pieces for the X deck and he showed me this option…cheaper and I don't have the hateful overhang when I go to open the tailgate.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran 2 163 XMs on a 7' deck all weekend no issues. I have lights rigged up to strap to the track. I was going to get an extention but I think it will be nothing but a pain in th a$$. Run her the way she is.

Top Bottom