6.2 Litre ford

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has a 6.2 Litre in a 3/4 ton been looking at them let me know how you like it. Don't want a diesel.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has a 6.2 Litre in a 3/4 ton been looking at them let me know how you like it. Don't want a diesel.

a buddy of mine like his and runs bigger tires for the summer and says the gas mileage is not to bad he gave me no ##

indyguy

Reaction score
Have had 2 -2011 and 2013-3/4 crewcabs 4x4.
Pros- lots of cab and box space
great motor - lots of power - Ive been running the 3.73? gears
tough truck - front end and drive train
great ground clearance
excellant truck for towing and hauling big loads - lots of power - but will also use the fuel - i average about 27-28L/100 when towing a 32' 9000lb holiday trailer or 28' enclosed sled trailer
great visabilty
I like the upfitter switches and factory trailer brake
You can shut off the stabilty track function for when you need your wheels to spin to clean the mud from the tires - my GM's the rpms were limited plus didnt work in reverse.
The full diff lock feature is nice when needed.
Cons - not the best 3/4T truck for gas milage - I avg around 17-19L/100 (did see 15L/100 on long trips) empty for everyday stop and go driving - but way better than the 6L GM Vortec gas jobbies I used to drive empty or loaded.
if your hauling a sled deck or 800lb plus in the box - add a leaf or airbags - your headlights will be pissing off oncoming traffic. Doesnt effect ride quality - still not as smooth as the GM trucks.
I noticed running 1-2 size bigger tires (10 ply) than the factories - the ride quality actually improved.
I hate the door lock functions - they all dont unlock when you open the drivers door - pain in the butt when your hands are full and need something from the back seat and have to go back to drivers door and hit unlock again.

I was always a GM guy - but now on my 2nd FORD and unless GM puts the 6.2L gasser in the 3/4T HD's - I will stick with FORD. Trade off the trucks every 2.5 years with 160K-190K on them and I havent had any major issues with them.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love it in my f150 my old man has it in his f350 and seems fine he has towed some very heavy loads that he probably shouldnt have.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one for a month (company truck) around 17-18/100k running at close to max. GVW (tool truck). Decent power, I liked it.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had 2011 3/4 ton crewing long box.100000 Kms and did nothing to it.
Loaded with 4:30 ratio and pulled like crazy.
17/100 empty with sled deck in and 22-23/100 pulling 8000lbs
You have to gear these new high reving motors .
IMO

PowderStew

Reaction score
I have the 2012 4x4, 4 door shortbox. Put 90,000 on it since July 2012 virtually all highway miles. Consistently gets 15 or 16 L/100km with 250lbs of sand bags in the back. This goes to 30 or so pulling my 26 ft 9000 lb gross RV and about 22 or 23 l/100 pulling my 20ft V8 jet boat on a dual axel trailer. Good power pulling loads but not a diesl thats for sure. If you pack any amount of weight get air bags. Even just my sled in the back will raise the lights enough to pizz people off.

also agree with all of Indyguy's points on locks ect.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off topic of the 6.2 but Not sure why you guys are having trouble with the locks. From your key fob press twice and all doors unlock. From your keypad after entering your code press the 3/4 button and the rest of the doors unlock. If its the auto lock feature just go into your dash control centre and set it to open how you prefer it.

Now on to the 6.2 I have a diesel in my 350 but I have the 6.2 in my Harley F150 and LOVE LOVE LOVE this engine. Great power and way better mileage than I ever saw out of a 5.4!! Kind of pissed that Ford is dropping it in the smaller trucks for 2015 in favour of the ecoboost!!

also agree with all of Indyguy's points on locks ect.[/QUOTE]

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys going to go and test drive on when I get back from site or maybe test on in bonnyville

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 gmc 2500 with 6.0L. And a 2014 ford f250 with the 6.2. I'm not sure what you have got for pricing but I got a way nicer gm than the ford for the same price less than a year apart. My gm is kind of middle of the road with a bunch of upgrades so it's actually a nice truck. The ford for the same price is fairly basic and very thing inside feels cheap..it's very fleet feeling. The engine doesn't feel like it has anymore power than the GM but I haven't actually pulled anything with the ford yet. The gm also has very little sag. I've got my deck with 2 sleds and some work gear and it sits level. One thing I like about the ford was whatever they do to the interior it feels like your sitting up much higher. Bottom line was after a bunch of shoppig around the GM was a much nicer truck for the price. The only reason I tried the ford was because I figured it might have noticeably more power and there were no gmc 2500 to be found since they are retooling the factory for the new body style 2500s. I think as Long as you go with a higher up model of the ford it might not feel so crappy on the interior. Just my findings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you paid the same for a poorly optioned ford as an up optioned GM then someone stuck it to you on the ford!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you paid the same for a poorly optioned ford as an up optioned GM then someone stuck it to you on the ford!!

Maybe. Not sure why they all come from dealer auctions. When I bought the 2013 GM the comparable 2013 ford was the same deal. Now this year the Gm wasn't an option but the ford was the same price as last year similarity equipped. Oh we'll

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have one. I'd say the engine is okay, way better than a 5.4, but if you travel offroad it still rides like a lumberwagon. Also bought a new 2014 Ram 2500HD with autostick and a 6.7 liter Cummins yesterday. It has coil springs on the rear axle now, and rides pretty smooth, compared to previous years. If you want something with a gas engine, I'd recommend at least looking at a 2014 Ram with the 6.4 liter.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone paying for the 6.2's?

I just paid $63,000 before taxes an fees for a 2014 F350 CCSB 6.7 PSD Lariat with Nav, Moonroof, etc, and 2yrs Ford Maintenance Protection Plan. Just wondering if I actually got a deal?

Chrisp1

Reaction score
I bought a 2011 Lariat F250 with the 6.2 for the same reason, didn't really need the diesel. I put on over 45,000 kms a year mostly just highway commute to and from work. Last year we pulled our 31' 9000lbs holiday trailer down to South Dakota. I set the cruise control & tranny to manual mode and pulled really good, the key was to drop a gear (or two depending on how big a hill) before climbing to get the motor into where its making the torque and it pulled up most good hills in cruise. I really like the manual mode for towing and the option to lockout the higher gears in drive (pretty sure they all do this now). Throughout he entire trip never did any gauge read it was heating up the engine or tranny. Only thing I put on the truck was an Air Raid CAI. I put on 140,000 trouble free kms on it before trading it off last fall, due to job stipulation. Probably cant go wrong if you go with any of the 3/4 or 1 ton gassers, just personal preference.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Maybe. Not sure why they all come from dealer auctions. When I bought the 2013 GM the comparable 2013 ford was the same deal. Now this year the Gm wasn't an option but the ford was the same price as last year similarity equipped. Oh we'll

If you talking 6L gas gmc vs diesel ford that explains the gmc being the same price but better load diesel is 7-10k more correct.

I agree with the sag in the gm mine with 2 sleds I dont even touch the air bags and in measuring it dropped just about 1"-1 1/2" but some how they get them to ride like Cadillacs Loaded and unloaded.

I test drove a lot of fords and just couldn't come to like them

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you talking 6L gas gmc vs diesel ford that explains the gmc being the same price but better load diesel is 7-10k more correct.

I agree with the sag in the gm mine with 2 sleds I dont even touch the air bags and in measuring it dropped just about 1"-1 1/2" but some how they get them to ride like Cadillacs Loaded and unloaded.

I test drove a lot of fords and just couldn't come to like them

Nope sorry 6.0 gm gas.

Top Bottom