440 Pro X Sleds

SwampRatt

Reaction score
As I'm quite ignorant when it comes to sleds, thought I'd get some opinions from a range of people.

I've been looking for a sled to boot around on at home here, no mountain riding, so a reasonable track on it, and I keep seeing these 440 Pro X sleds. Does anyone know how they would keep up to a 700 or 800? I enjoy power, and ads always claim they have plenty. Also, why the mixed fuel and not oil injection?

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are geared too low to keep up with a 600. They lack the torque to gear them much higher. They are a great sled to bang around but if you like to go fast, keep looking.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are a machine for snow cross, so short burst of flat out full throttle and then off again and into a corner. Wont do what your looking for but they are fun to ride. You can throw them around like no tomorrow..... As for the mixed fuel, some say better and more consistent lubrication to your engine, less chance of melting down because you ran too lean on oil, right mix every tank of gas.

SnoPro_78

Reaction score
As I'm quite ignorant when it comes to sleds, thought I'd get some opinions from a range of people.

I've been looking for a sled to boot around on at home here, no mountain riding, so a reasonable track on it, and I keep seeing these 440 Pro X sleds. Does anyone know how they would keep up to a 700 or 800? I enjoy power, and ads always claim they have plenty. Also, why the mixed fuel and not oil injection?

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

F7or F8 Cat deadly prairie sled wicked fast. Best all around would be a Crossfire 800 144 track on it. Then you can go play in the deep also. Don't buy something that you have to mix fuel. All the sleds are injected unless you go real old school or someone disabled it. Good luck

mxznitrorider

Reaction score
F7or F8 Cat deadly prairie sled wicked fast. Best all around would be a Crossfire 800 144 track on it. Then you can go play in the deep also. Don't buy something that you have to mix fuel. All the sleds are injected unless you go real old school or someone disabled it. Good luck

That goes both ways tho, injection tends to blow up lots of motors... js

SnoPro_78

Reaction score
That goes both ways tho, injection tends to blow up lots of motors... js

I've never burnt up a Cat call it good luck or whatever but its never happened yet. Knock on wood. Only mods ever run was exhaust. change rings out at 25-3000 miles and good to go,everything else stock seems to work and I ride the hell out of my toys. Just sayin.... I also know alot of guys that are still runnin 20yr old + Yamaha's and havn't touched a bolt on them with 7500kms. Oil injection seems to work just fine until you start doin internal mods. Even the turbo'd pump gas 2strokes are oil injected. Cats and Polaris anyway and from Boondocker I don't know about the doo's. But this is just my opinion cheers:beer:

t-bomb

Reaction score
Pro X 440 are shorttrack 121" snowcross ditch bangers with stiff long travel suspension. if your over 175lbs then they are a little down on power. they also are tuned (near limit) out of the box so there isn't much more power there.

the reason for mixing the oil is they shed weight for the oil res and pump. they also say guys can control the lean/rich of the sled based on temp and alt.

sledneck97

Reaction score
Used to have one lots of fun for ditchbanging jumpin and playing around. They're geared really low so u have a crazy amount of bottom end. Downfalls are they're really hard on fuel and need to rejetted as the temps change of course this can be eliminated by installing a tempa flow. You Should have no problem finding one that is already setup to run pump gas but if not you have to insert lo comp domes as all these sleds are set up to run race fuel. I've since installled a 800 engine in mine which makes these sled really fun. Just a little bit of info hope this helps

Top Bottom