411 on Grande Cache

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey
Just wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions for this area ?? I am looking for a spot to squat for a week in july for holidays and would like to explore some trails / try a little fishing. Can anyone offer some input or pm directions / suggestions. I prefer the random camping style.

Thanks in advance

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can camp just south of town along the muskeg river or north of town in the flats along the smokey. Many trails can be explored from either site. Your best bet would be to ride beaverdam road if you've never been here before, it's a good ride. Just type in grande cache in the google toolbar for snowandmud and you'll find many postings...:beer:

Reaction score
Hey there. me a bud where in G.C. at the end of May and loved it. For sure go to beaverdam road and you can take the path to mount hamel, cawl ridge is crazy awesome and a must (both are about 7,000 ft high). Grande mountain is great to start with and just so much more to see that we never got to. I'll try to load some pics from my trip.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, that looks like grande cache...:d:beer:
on the G.C. site it says the trail to Mt. Hammell is closed to motorized traffic and blocked off by Sustainable Resources Development, do you know where it's blocked at 'nutz? just wondering if a person can ride up the trail toward Hammell and take the Death Race trail back to the Beaverdam road. can't remember if I asked you about that already.....:d

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah I'm not sure. I asked a couple of others and it was the first they heard about it. I havn't even tried with all the ran we had but I doubt someone is sitting at the gate ready to hand out a ticket...:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mt hammal is not blocked off i was just up there on the weekend....
cool, that's what I was looking for. wonder if it's going to happen or someone was just considering it.

screenshot of the town of Grande Cache site, off road and snowmobiling page
untitledSmall.jpg

Top Bottom