40-year-old man dies on all-terrain vehicle.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 40-year-old man died on the weekend after his all-terrain vehicle rolled near Drayton Valley.
RCMP say the rollover occured near the Brazeau Dam just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
The man and his 15-year-old passenger were climbing a hill when the ATV they were riding rolled backwards and landed on top of them.
The teen was unharmed. The man was conscious but collapsed shortly afterwards. Bystanders tried to revive him but he died at the scene.
The name of the driver is not being released, although police say he was related to the teen.
Both were wearing helmets.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
A 40-year-old man died on the weekend after his all-terrain vehicle rolled near Drayton Valley.
RCMP say the rollover occured near the Brazeau Dam just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
The man and his 15-year-old passenger were climbing a hill when the ATV they were riding rolled backwards and landed on top of them.
The teen was unharmed. The man was conscious but collapsed shortly afterwards. Bystanders tried to revive him but he died at the scene.
The name of the driver is not being released, although police say he was related to the teen.
Both were wearing helmets.

definitely was not a good weekend in that respect.....

RIP to the ATV driver, thoughts are with the family & friends.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it can happen quickly, condolences to all that are involved

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Kind of the problem with climbing and passengers in the back seat. Too bad. Almost happen to me in same area, made passenger get off first though.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just shows how dangerous quads are. If you don't want to die ride a dirt bike.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just shows how dangerous quads are. If you don't want to die ride a dirt bike.

Sure hope you don't drive or go on public road ways you ignorant a**hole........cause that's far more dangerous. Way to take a thread for people to express their condolences and grief over an unfortunate tragedy and turn it into complete idiocy. R.I.P

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is awful. Thoughts and prayers to friends, family, and the 15 year old involved. That would be an awful thing to go through. We lost a friend in 05 in a quadding accident and I was first on scene to a dirt bike oaccident where the 15 year old boy didn't make it. Being on scene and losing a close friend without being there were both equally traumatioc....Terrible thing to lose a life, seems more so terrible when its a recreational activity we all love so much.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, because no one has ever died on a dirt bike....

Sent from my computer, dripping with sarcasm.

Every second thread is about someone that died on a quad and there is not one about someone dying on a dirt bike. Plus the average stuff people do on dirt bikes is ten times what people do on quads.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope you don't drive or go on public road ways you ignorant a**hole........cause that's far more dangerous. Way to take a thread for people to express their condolences and grief over an unfortunate tragedy and turn it into complete idiocy. R.I.P

Thats not what I was trying to do and it us awful when someone dies for any reason. I know far to many people who have died on quads and have watched people be killed by their quads thats why I switched to bikes.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really???????
Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself

Ya! You dont know what it's like to have your best friend die in front of you thats something a person can never un-see. I am very sorry for being inconsiderate I didnt meen for it to sound that way. Sorry to that persons family and the people I made mad.

Top Bottom