36v battery powered T536li XP Husqvarna saw

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
t536li-xpHusqvarna.jpg Anyone use one of these? Daily planet had a demonstration on TV the other nite. Quite impressive. They had a comparable size gas powered saw cutting about a 14 inch log, both saws made 2 cuts and the electric finished about 10 sec ahead of the gas saw. 2 battery sizes 40 minute and 100 minute capacity of continuous cutting. They also offer a back pack battery pack that lasts 6.5 hours. Saw itself weights 5.29 lbs with 14 inch bar no battery. Pricy though,$520 for saw, $220 for 100min battery, $150 for charger. Husqvarna also offers a bunch of other attachments with same battery.

Last edited:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The beauty would be no mixing gas and firing up a noisy saw for quick cut or two. one of the guys a work has a 36v saw from rona i believe and he loves it but it never leaves his yard in the city. I think at that price i would stick to my gas husky.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 pounds without a battery so probably quite a bit more with the big 100 minute one. And all for a little 14" ? I'll stick to gas lol but I see how a guy in a city could like it for the occasional tree trimming. But if you rarely use one you might as well get a cheap little Poulan for a quarter the price.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the Canadian Tire version for christmas last year, I had a good inner chuckle, yeah right, what am I going to do with that, trim the hedges? I left it sitting around in the box for about 6 months but did put the battery in the charger. Then last fall a tree fell in our driveway, about 12 inch butt and lots of branches. My powersaw was at the camper and I was stuck behind the tree. My wife suggested I try the "new saw" I just smiled and looked for plan B. After about 15 minutes she comes walking out with the electric saw and a foul look on her face, after all she did buy it and was no impressed with my attitude. She handed to to me, I started cutting. I was impressed for a cheap saw. It bucked the entire tree up into about 2' lengths on the original charge and still had juice left. It cut very well. The best part? It was light enough that my wife actually tried it. The quality of the Canadian Tire version was a bit lacking, but I did walk away impressed.

I now carry it on my Quad, its light, I dont need to carry extra fuel and never have to pull the cord 50 times to start it. It has its place and I may just break down and buy a quality version of it. A handy tool.

Was cutting up some 6x6 for a project a couple of months ago, needed about 12 cuts, I got out my power saw, fired it up, walked over and saw my dad had done about 6 of the cuts already with the electric, didnt even hear him.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
my dad bought the cheap Princess Auto 18V saw last year, and its quite impressive what it will go thru for the size and weight of it (let alone the cost)

When I see them on sale this year I'm going to get myself one to supplement my gas saw, as many have already said for on the quad or even on the sled when doing trail work, its almost perfect. I'm curious to see how well the battery will hold up in colder weather and may have to borrow his just to find out.

I think it was $80.00 for the unit.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah 80 bucks is a little different then the almost 900 bucks mentioned in the first post lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah 80 bucks is a little different then the almost 900 bucks mentioned in the first post lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

agreed! just offering more thoughts & experiences to the battery operated chainsaws!

The $80 one would be good for hunters too for chopping up moose etc, run canola oil instead of chain oil!

Top Bottom