3.0 power claw on a pro rmk

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new 3.0 power claw on the pro rmk yet? I have a 2013 163 and really wanna give it a try. Is a 3" pitch 7 tooth all a guy needs to make it work?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new 3.0 power claw on the pro rmk yet? I have a 2013 163 and really wanna give it a try. Is a 3" pitch 7 tooth all a guy needs to make it work?

If you go to 7 tooth Avid drivers you will get the track into your sled. You will want to gear up to keep your top speed the same, or leave the gearing and change your clutching for a lower top speed. From going to a 7 tooth driver you are reducing your overall gear ratio. other than that your golden.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. I knew the camo x3's were all good. Just didnt know if the power claws design created any clearance issues. Will probably just go for it and mess around with clutching as that's cheaper.... I think. Lol.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah. That Kurts set up isn't as pricey as I first thought. And less work.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have to cut your rails down to make the change to 7 tooth avids. An antistab kit is needed as well. And if you are going ride any sort of groomed trail, another tunnel cooler is recommended. These sleds tend to get hot with 3" tracks.

rcardle20

Reaction score
If you go to 7 tooth Avid drivers you will get the track into your sled. You will want to gear up to keep your top speed the same, or leave the gearing and change your clutching for a lower top speed. From going to a 7 tooth driver you are reducing your overall gear ratio. other than that your golden.

Do you have any suggestions for gearing to accomplish this??

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any suggestions for gearing to accomplish this??

It depends on what you want for a final ratio or speed.

When you go to a 7tooth driver you will be lowering your top speed. So if you want to keep your speed the same as it was stock you will need to take your gear ratio to about 1.90. Stock is 2.10 I think. Somebody will chime in I'm sure. Lots of guys are taking stock pro's and gearing them down to 2.20 or 2.30. Such as the Kurt's gear down kit. So this being said maybe put in you 7 tooth drivers and try it with stock gearing and see if your happy with the results.

I run an HM Turbo set up. Shane's set up is to run a 1.93 gear ration with a 3"track at 10lbs boost. I didn't like his set up and geared down and really like the backshift I get with that.

Keep in mind if you are running the stock pro Quick drive belt that the extra torque from the 3" may stress the belt to its failure point. I say may because it depends how you ride. I've heard some that have had no problems where others have.

Chrisco is a good guy to set you in the right direction and stocks most of what you may need.

Top Bottom