27x9x12 Zilla's X 4

hpjunkie

Reaction score
Looking to change out the 26" Zilla's I swapped to my '13 750 King Quad from the previous unit. I was thinking of going to 4 27x9x12 on my 12x7 ITP rims. With the previous rubber on the same rims, the fronts run slightly smaller than the rears. Looking for input/thoughts from anyone who has tried similar. Happy with performance of Zilla's over the past 3000km. I generally ride with two separate groups, one biased more to trail, one to the softer mud. So I need a tire that works all around. Thx for your input!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can easily go to the 28's. You won't be able to run the same size all the way around unless your rims are all the same size. I'm running 28x12x12 in the rear and 28x10x12 in the front. I like this setup quite a bit, especially with a machines primary to help turn them through the mud at low speeds - almost never have to use low gear.

hpjunkie

Reaction score
You can easily go to the 28's. You won't be able to run the same size all the way around unless your rims are all the same size. I'm running 28x12x12 in the rear and 28x10x12 in the front. I like this setup quite a bit, especially with a machines primary to help turn them through the mud at low speeds - almost never have to use low gear.
I do have a machined primary, VDI & M109 Injector. The rims are all 12x7 ITP's.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have a machined primary, VDI & M109 Injector. The rims are all 12x7 ITP's.

Sweet, then you're laughing and but are also kinda forced to get the same size all the way around. If you've got power steering, I wouldn't hesitate to get 28x12x12 all the way around. ...will help out a bit in the skeg.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the ones I have in the for sale section on here lol

Last edited:

Dogsbreakfast

Reaction score
I've found the Mega Mayhems pull harder than Zillas in the mud and their harder compound wears better on hardpack.

hpjunkie

Reaction score
I hear you on the Mega's. I really don't want to go larger than a 1.25 lug, as I do a lot of road trail, but still want a competent mud tire. I was re-thinking of trying 28x10x12 all around. Just picked up the new Dirt Wheels mag & they tried 10' wide all around & feel the handling/steering was worse with the wider tires? I'm starting to think about getting a more trail/hardpack tire to put on the new ITP's & a set of real mud tires to mount up on the stock aluminum rims for when I need them.

Top Bottom