2023-2024 Revelstoke and Area Updates

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the most only “right” answer here
emoji3516.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This time of year you have to do your own research and conditions can change in a day in revy with warm temps or rain. If you cant figure it out dont go lol

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This time of year you have to do your own research and conditions can change in a day in revy with warm temps or rain. If you cant figure it out dont go lol
Isn't a guy coming on here asking for conditions doing his research? I must be the only one who actually looks on these threads for real time conditions from fellow riders that actually rode the area on the same day lol. That is is literally the number one reason to have a thread like this one, you can look at the forecast all you want but having guys report on snow conditions, probing depth and reporting on how high up the rain reached on here is more valuable to me.

H-D

Reaction score
Buddy lost his cell phone on Frisby trail. Let me know if anyone found it. Thanks

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode frisby dec 12-13 First day was sunny above clouds. trail in was good. was about 16 in of new over that 2in rain layer. riped up just past cabin most of day. Second day went all way to back of ridge, Was lots of tracks on good snow. On 3rd day rode boulder just off Vitterman trail at top and it was great. In the trees there is about 3-4 feet of snow with that crust down about 16in. but never hit anything an you could rip. Best day of my first 5 days this yr.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today north of Revy. It is definitely rideable. But it’s definitely not go time. At my age I’m not doubling out with nobody. I plan on getting my own two skis home. But all in all we had a pretty good day.. The Alpine areas are blown clean with exposed rocks everywhere. Tree line down the snow is decent but you are still crossing and jumping giant match sticks that needthree more feet on them. Also super weird. Rode above the clouds with clouds above all day
IMG_4439.jpeg
IMG_4440.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4443.jpeg

Last edited:

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Frisbey yesterday and Boulder today. Definitely needs another 6-8’. Lots of stumps and cut offs everywhere. Couple times we trenched out and threw up dirt. Hope it started dumping befor the new year. All in all it was ok for the first 2 riding days or the season. Hope I make it out the same. 2 more days of riding to go.

On a side note. We pulled into the Boulder parking lot this morning. First ones in. Then the SAR’s crew pulled in before we even had the sleds off the deck. 2 Saskatchewan boys didn’t make it off the hill on Sunday and spent the night. One of the moms called it in after they didn’t check in and she couldn’t get ahold of them.
Think the SAR’s crew was 12-14 total and a chopper. 8 on sleds and the ski crew. Chopper was in the air for a few hours. We left the cabin just after 9. Heard the chopper before 9:30 and seen/heard them until around 11.

Good news story though. Heard the boys made it to the cabin around 11:00am on their own power. Someone said one of the sleds had some damage. Glad it all worked out and they are safe.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Frisbey yesterday and Boulder today. Definitely needs another 6-8’. Lots of stumps and cut offs everywhere. Couple times we trenched out and threw up dirt. Hope it started dumping befor the new year. All in all it was ok for the first 2 riding days or the season. Hope I make it out the same. 2 more days of riding to go.

On a side note. We pulled into the Boulder parking lot this morning. First ones in. Then the SAR’s crew pulled in before we even had the sleds off the deck. 2 Saskatchewan boys didn’t make it off the hill on Sunday and spent the night. One of the moms called it in after they didn’t check in and she couldn’t get ahold of them.
Think the SAR’s crew was 12-14 total and a chopper. 8 on sleds and the ski crew. Chopper was in the air for a few hours. We left the cabin just after 9. Heard the chopper before 9:30 and seen/heard them until around 11.

Good news story though. Heard the boys made it to the cabin around 11:00am on their own power. Someone said one of the sleds had some damage. Glad it all worked out and they are safe.
Glad it worked out. Sounds like those boys should invest in an inreach or sat phone. We have used ours a ton of times where we are getting off the mountain late with breakdowns, but everyone is OK.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Sale today for the first time. Awesome area. Dropped in at the tower. Great snow for only probing 105 (packed). Super knarly pull trying to get out at the end. There was 3 groups in the zone totalling 16 riders. Broke a side panel on the ‘17 850 original ‘rubbing’ a tree. On the way out I broke the links bag bracket. Rode 7km back up the trail and met the big crew on the way down that found my bag in the middle of the trail super nice that they brought it down for me. All in all a great day 3.
72470396422__B280159D-D2EA-4450-9E37-3EC651598541.jpeg

Top Bottom