2023-2024 Revelstoke and Area Updates

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, sure hate to hear of such a tragedy and tough for everyone involved. Condolences to family and friends.

Ryson

Reaction score
Terrible thing to happen.

Is it raining there? Or what’s it doing ? Says winter storm warning and snow on higher elevations. Thanks in advance

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terrible thing to happen.

Is it raining there? Or what’s it doing ? Says winter storm warning and snow on higher elevations. Thanks in advance
Yes a lot of rain after heavy wet in town . Streets are a swamp with storm sewers plugged with slush . The city is hard at it cleaning up

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might end up worse. Lots of people think they are Chris Burandt in the sport. Then they find out they aren’t. Might be better less people know about it. Who knows.

Than you have guys like Muskoka sensationalizing riding drainages in all his videos including the toilet bowl…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The toilet bowl has been the place for many riders to get in trouble. Very easy to enter and almost inviting. Then becomes very difficult to get out. Signage would be the easy thing to start with. Its not going to stop everyone, but it may turn some around before its too late. I really wish there was a better way to promote GPS/Satellite trackers. They are so cheap, there really is no excuse to not have one. It may not help make good decisions, but it will help the team coming to get you when you make a bad one. Anywho, lets get the thread back on to conditions.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of professionals do dangerous stuff on camera that joe blow shouldn't try....

Professional riders like Turcotte and Bergmark doing barrel rolls and front flips agreed. Muskoka’s appeal to the impressionable is he is just one of the boys with a go pro who likes to ride trees.

Maybe it’s just my humble opinion but I think Muskoka is more influential to the young and naive than a bergmark doing a barrel roll. Muskoka is a lot easier to imitate than the other two.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I really doubt buddy new where he was headed.

I agree I doubt he knew where he was going also. My comment was intended for the guy saying people think they are the next Burandt if you put up a sign saying danger toilet bowl that they will proceed just cause.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Than you have guys like Muskoka sensationalizing riding drainages in all his videos including the toilet bowl…

Screenshot_20231205_192931_Chrome.jpg

He did caution people from dropping in there.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. Ive help retrieve a ton of sleds out of that area when i was riding all the time.

It was never wannabe burrandts. It was guys that just couldnt turn around.

But put signs up, dont put them up. I dont care.
I've been looking at it on topo quite a bit. Could a guy not keep dropping down that drainage and come out on Kirkup or turtle trail?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It cliffs out and there is really deep drainage that i dont think is ridable.

But who knows maybe muskoka will getter done this season. 10 years ago id try it with him.
Gotcha. It's that hole just off the West side of the Kirkup like 600 meters North of the cabin?

It looks possible, but I don't have much desire to find out these days either.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It rained all the way to the top today. It went from handle bar deep blower pow yesterday to absolute wet concrete today. The snow is extremely unstable. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this layer, it may be a big problem. Good news things are mostly filled in proved 165 cm at the top of frisbee it was only 110 on Saturday.

7aa91a7f4d9213a4e9b23056d61920dd.jpg

bbd448d9eee0aaf4d9048a7097a8a784.jpg

Ryson

Reaction score
It rained all the way to the top today. It went from handle bar deep blower pow yesterday to absolute wet concrete today. The snow is extremely unstable. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this layer, it may be a big problem. Good news things are mostly filled in proved 165 cm at the top of frisbee it was only 110 on Saturday.

Keep us updated please my good man. Have a trip to mcbride planned for the week of the 15th but it sounds like a wreck so thinking of heading to revy.

clintonk

Reaction score

Time to cancel plans and wait for more fresh snow I guess…..

Top Bottom