2022-2023-Mcbride conditions and updates

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is? Was the snow up top worth the trail ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
d56c97f651aa7f5b0ea80f1e160f1985.jpg

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They know what they are doing there. Prob haven’t groomed because it was too warm.

Ghfalls

Reaction score
That’s what the booth guy said this AM. Temp is dropping so hopefully the get it groomed tonight. If not, it’s understandable

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All trails were groomed last night. Each trail gets groomed nightly if and after 75 riders have used it. We restricted our grooming the past week due to the above zero conditions and the fact that it had rained almost everyday at valley bottom and in the alpine on Thursday. Have any of you tried grooming slush , I didn't think so , if you think the trail was bad then the groomer would have annihilated it making it worse. Before you go bitching about trail fees and grooming educate yourself about how grooming snowmobile trails is done. There's several articles out there describing how it's done, ideal conditions required, etc.... really getting tired of the clueless armchair critics who know everyone else's job better than the ones doing it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
All trails were groomed last night. Each trail gets groomed nightly if and after 75 riders have used it. We restricted our grooming the past week due to the above zero conditions and the fact that it had rained almost everyday at valley bottom and in the alpine on Thursday. Have any of you tried grooming slush , I didn't think so , if you think the trail was bad then the groomer would have annihilated it making it worse. Before you go bitching about trail fees and grooming educate yourself about how grooming snowmobile trails is done. There's several articles out there describing how it's done, ideal conditions required, etc.... really getting tired of the clueless armchair critics who know everyone else's job better than the ones doing it.
After many years in the saddle of a couple of groomers and countless hours on the trails, I can appreciate the above. Well said and keep up the good work with broad shoulders to handle the armchair critics.
Amen....

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Copied from the MBCSA FB page.
Blue skies for the weekend are making for some sweet riding. Exactly what was needed to enjoy this past weeks snowfall.
All 3 trails are being groomed again tonight.
A couple reminders, Mountain view road is an active log haul road and is very narrow in spots and quite icy at the moment. Drive with caution and if you have a radio RR7 is the channel to monitor. No parking on the road.
If you're heading out remember always check Avalanche Canada's website for the latest on conditions https://www.avalanche.ca/en/map .
Ride safe!
Pictures submitted by a few club members

Attachments

• IMG_9382.jpg
    IMG_9382.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_6287.jpg
    IMG_6287.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_9383.jpg
    IMG_9383.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_9377.jpg
    IMG_9377.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 241

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t trying to bitch, I understand why the trail wasn’t groomed Friday due to the conditions and lack of riders was just surprised to not see the sign up at the booth coming down with the temp drop Friday night.

The cold temps helped a bunch and the trail set up real hard and was smooth as glass up and down Saturday.

Saturday was a day sledders dream of. fresh snow and sunshine! Still a little low on snow for the time of year but it’s starting to catch up. If the long term forecast holds true February could be gnarly
52bb277fff7a90952c38a13e5c8c6538.jpg

cbbde9b50ce147f820c4503a507b9a88.jpg

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forecast for this week looks really good. Anyone going up Friday? I was thinking of a day trip maybe?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forecast for this week looks really good. Anyone going up Friday? I was thinking of a day trip maybe

Forecast for this week looks really good. Anyone going up Friday? I was thinking of a day trip maybe?

Doing a Saturday one day trip.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You still have same cell number.
If Boost gets stomped bad maybe I snowcheck a Doo.

Again.......

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should be there but will be taking the kids for their first trip of the season.

Maybe I’ll hear the results in the parking lot!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@snochuk Maybe link up with you guys? Do you have room for one? I was thinking going into the 27km, harddddd left.

Top Bottom