2019 Alpha

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode an alpha on the weekend. Some poor guy was brave enough to lend it to me for 30 min or so. All i can say is... i bleed doo yellow, and the alpha one up's it. Anyone that says different is full of it. and i would say its power is equal to an 850 do0... its amazing what real clutches can accomplish. Bravo.

I glad someone else sees this too! I was a loyal doo guy all the way to the 850 and then the 850 made me jump ship, now I have a 18 mountian cat and i dont know if its the clutches or track or a combination of both but this thing just flat out rocks ! pulls just as hard as the 850 and my clutches are cool and belts stay together!

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even the non alpha 18/19 cats rip must be the track attack angle isnt that much better than the doo But I think the clutching
is getting good power tranfer from the 800 mill cause they climb amazing with alot of track speed

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even the non alpha 18/19 cats rip must be the track attack angle isnt that much better than the doo But I think the clutching
is getting good power tranfer from the 800 mill cause they climb amazing with alot of track speed
I donno, I'd say the attack angles are slightly different.
0640e00158f6073efc328598727f88ad.jpg
c2bc5061fb6d0958e3f043d7f54b4ac8.jpg

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh skeg, always stirrin the pot regardless of brand, do you even own a sled? All I do is pull the front limiter in one hole on the G4 and the attack angle becomes very similar to the Alpha. Not to be negative to the alpha, I enjoy riding them when I get the chance and I think it’s a sweet little scoot that shines in certain conditions but for you guys that say it’s the same power as an 850, your delusional, my buddies that own alphas and are hardcore cat guys will agree, my basically stock ‘18 g4 165 feels like a dialled in big bore compared to the alpha, which by all rites it should. Is the alpha awesome, heck yeah it is, does the g4 spank it in the arm pull, seat of the pants, **** eating grin department, absolutely, not even close.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The attack angles are hugely different, what planet you on, and yes the clutching is way better. As for the 850 seeming like a big bore.....????? Pretty pathetic big bore, yours must be a proto there big a, the 850’s in our group are pretty much even in a straight up hill drag, unless they are in some trenching snow on a slight up hill to start, then they get walked on by the cat

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh skeg, always stirrin the pot regardless of brand, do you even own a sled? All I do is pull the front limiter in one hole on the G4 and the attack angle becomes very similar to the Alpha. Not to be negative to the alpha, I enjoy riding them when I get the chance and I think it’s a sweet little scoot that shines in certain conditions but for you guys that say it’s the same power as an 850, your delusional, my buddies that own alphas and are hardcore cat guys will agree, my basically stock ‘18 g4 165 feels like a dialled in big bore compared to the alpha, which by all rites it should. Is the alpha awesome, heck yeah it is, does the g4 spank it in the arm pull, seat of the pants, **** eating grin department, absolutely, not even close.
Never owned a sled in my life.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The attack angles are hugely different, what planet you on, and yes the clutching is way better. As for the 850 seeming like a big bore.....????? Pretty pathetic big bore, yours must be a proto there big a, the 850’s in our group are pretty much even in a straight up hill drag, unless they are in some trenching snow on a slight up hill to start, then they get walked on by the cat

Clutching I’m using in my 850 doo is actually a Big bore 800 clutch setup.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh Big A you pot stirrer.
Put Doo and an Alpha on a truck deck and roll them down the ramp.
You will see how doo wasted about 5 of those precious ponies on rolling resistance.
Gotta love that 6 tooth driver and piano string tight track.
Then put a cooker can above your belt guard fan thingy and there is another 5 precious ponies wasted in inefficient clutch heat.
I'll challenge you to a barehanded clutch grab after a decent side by side pull.
Just get a filter for the belt dust if you want to eat what you're cooking.

All kidding aside the Doo does pull really hard its just so inefficient with its power.
Cat is way more efficient with it's power use.
The clutching is also set up different on both so that seat of the pants feel is not intended to be the same.
See you at MM, you pot stirrer you!

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Big A you pot stirrer.
Put Doo and an Alpha on a truck deck and roll them down the ramp.
You will see how doo wasted about 5 of those precious ponies on rolling resistance.
Gotta love that 6 tooth driver and piano string tight track.
Then put a cooker can above your belt guard fan thingy and there is another 5 precious ponies wasted in inefficient clutch heat.
I'll challenge you to a barehanded clutch grab after a decent side by side pull.
Just get a filter for the belt dust if you want to eat what you're cooking.

All kidding aside the Doo does pull really hard its just so inefficient with its power.
Cat is way more efficient with it's power use.
The clutching is also set up different on both so that seat of the pants feel is not intended to be the same.
See you at MM, you pot stirrer you!
Muff pot on belt guard.

Classic 850 lol.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
How come a 150hp 98ftlbs torque Cat sled can whoop on a 168hp 110ft/lb tq g4 850 Doo?
I mean, Doo has all that industry leading 28% more midrange torque and the class leading hp?
Which engineers are smarter, Doo or Cat?
I'd guess to say that with all the G4 850 failed hype, the good ol' Usa made Quebec look pretty stupid. But then, Brp does a good job on their own! Hahaha.

Hi Brp social media team. It's time to fire the g4 engineering design team. It's blatantly obvious they are incompetent. Check the warranty claims, performance, reliability and loss of market share. I'd have to estimate at least 50% warranty claims from 2017-2019. Shareholders will be pleased, I'm sure. Need I say more? Any ideas/input from the g4 team will fail. Get rid of the whole team and anyone who had a part of this major industry blunder.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no denying the cat clutching is better than doos, it has been that way since cat changed to the team clutches. Plus doo has been using the same secondary setup since 2012 MY.

Top Bottom