2016 Sleds

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG I hope the decision to wait until 2016 to snow check my new Polaris sled is worth the wait because the 2015's I have seen so far have been incredible looking. Even the 'Skittles' are good looking sleds. If anyone is looking for 'Doo 174" T3, I looked at one in Riverside and Gibbons. The 174" in Gibbons is black if you are not liking the yellow.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we were in Chile in August riding with BBA the night before we were to leave the Polaris engineers came to test the 2016 pro sleds. We never got a chance to see them as they were still locked in the C-cans and the 3 engineers were tight lipped. They did say it will be an entire new chassis after we got a few drinks into them. Wish they woulda said more but nope.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new engine will get some testing this year in the Axis chassis. But the real test will the long hard pulls going up the mountains this year in Chile and with me next year in the Rockies. :)
What I do like is that the old engine fix kit was relatively cheap, provided a bump in HP and made the 800 much more reliable. Still hard on fuel tho. Mile for mile, it is amazing just how good on fuel those ETECs are at the end of the day. And it not like the ETECs are slouches on horsepower.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah its gonna be good when Polaris puts the motor, front suspension, plastics, chassis etc. from the axys into a long track RMK. I've heard from a certain aftermarket shop owner that he will be taking an axys and going long track turbo this year. And if there is anybody you would want doing this type of project/conversion it's the right guy. I'm excited for all the new stuff every year.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, first year new models can be a gamble

newtrout

Reaction score
Who was that one guy who was gonna buy a '15 Pro if it had a new motor? Oh, that's right, it was Graveler...

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few guys went straight ahead and put in the Fix Kit right off the start on the '14's they got last year. Why would Polaris see that this was a huge improvement in power and reliability? Too much ego to say "Ok MTNTK, you nailed it, pretty please can we install the fix as a stock item to save our reputation for the last 7 years of a problem prone engine?" To be honest it is the main reason I have not bought a new one yet. I got my '10 Dragon reliable enough to get there and back and have a lots of fun doing it. I do want a new sled as mine has almost 3000kms and this year I am hoping to break 4500. Should almost ready for another top end again.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few guys went straight ahead and put in the Fix Kit right off the start on the '14's they got last year. Why would Polaris see that this was a huge improvement in power and reliability? Too much ego to say "Ok MTNTK, you nailed it, pretty please can we install the fix as a stock item to save our reputation for the last 7 years of a problem prone engine?" To be honest it is the main reason I have not bought a new one yet. I got my '10 Dragon reliable enough to get there and back and have a lots of fun doing it. I do want a new sled as mine has almost 3000kms and this year I am hoping to break 4500. Should almost ready for another top end again.

I don't think they meet emissions after the fix kit installed. You can blame Polaris engine problems on that IMO. Not sure why they can't figure it out like everybody else :don'tknow:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry 007 but can't see how the piston fix would have anything to do with emissions?
All the other electronic's and exhaust around it yes.
This is where the problem lies with other manufactures as well.
I think the etec is the only one that meets standards at this time other than 4 stroke.
Could be wrong on this but is what I have heard.
Maybe bull crap? Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry 007 but can't see how the piston fix would have anything to do with emissions?
All the other electronic's and exhaust around it yes.
This is where the problem lies with other manufactures as well.
I think the etec is the only one that meets standards at this time other than 4 stroke.
Could be wrong on this but is what I have heard.
Maybe bull crap? Lol
Didn't the new ctec or what ever cat calls there new 2 smoke pass???

Top Bottom