2016 polaris

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to bash the polaris quick drive but the assault for example is the sled used on the hill cross circuit and often turboed in the open classes and it assumed that they trusted the chain drive for abusive circumstances

Little Buddy

Reaction score
I dont know, I have 2 with belt drives that have been driven by every sort of customer from nubies to crazies smokin dubies.....haven't had any issues - yet. 163 & 155.

I think it would be fine on the 3". A buddy has a 2015 with boost and a 3" on the stock QD.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit disappointing that no qd on the 3 inch, so dry weight says 426 for the 163x3.

What does a 174 t3 weigh?

Little Buddy

Reaction score
Bit disappointing that no qd on the 3 inch, so dry weight says 426 for the 163x3.

What does a 174 t3 weigh?

10 more HP with the HO though over the cleanfire?? That makes about the same as the boat motor in the doo but lighter and with clutching that works. My '15 Terrain Dominator weight is/says 426' so same as an Axis 3" track.
what to do.... What to do?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what ive seen of the t3 I bet it's still king but a 3 inch 163 rmk with 10 more hp and 41 pounds lighter it will be close.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All pretty sick sleds released right across all brands, but IMO Polaris really stepped it up this time! Pretty sure there is a snowcheck in my future! Love my 162"x3" turbo Pro but a 155"x3" stocker sounds like a good addition! And with the extra hp, sweet deal!

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really like how polaris brought the 3" track to the Assault. Wish Doo had the t3 in the freeride. I like to jump/drop but when playing in the trees the 3" would be ideal.. Decisions, decisions!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really like how polaris brought the 3" track to the Assault. Wish Doo had the t3 in the freeride. I like to jump/drop but when playing in the trees the 3" would be ideal.. Decisions, decisions![/QUOTE good point

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still like what cat did with the limited better than the new poo... 3 inch, better seat, 36 inch front end, new spindles, evol shocks all the way around, better attack angle, got rid of the junk post, still have a motor that's proven...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You you go ahead and believe that, Your ignorance deserves no reply..

What did they miss Freddy?? They built a great sled, that really never had many issues. Had they not done that last year, it's hard to say what would have been released by the rest this year.

It wouldn't matter anyway. Guys like you take a perfectly good machine and wreck it anyways. And then bitch it doesn't work right. The time and money it takes to build a sled like yours would be better spent on seat time and gas on a stock machine.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled I'm most interested in is the 163 X 3 in orange with orange tunnel, rails, and spindles. The only concern is the build sheet says painted tunnel and rails, not powdercoated. I wonder about durability esp. on the tunnel and running boards where a rider's boots are rubbing continually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled I'm most interested in is the 163 X 3 in orange with orange tunnel, rails, and spindles. The only concern is the build sheet says painted tunnel and rails, not powdercoated. I wonder about durability esp. on the tunnel and running boards where a rider's boots are rubbing continually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Techs have said it is indeed powdercoated and its matte finish on tunnel

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would have to be narrow minded to think that. The polaris is lighter and now makes the same HP and has a 3" option. In theory it should deffinetly give the t3 174 a run for its money. They addressed all of the things skidoo had on them. Traction and power. Then being so much lighter it should be an interesting season if it snows

WOW...What have you done with Sean?

Top Bottom