2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three of us rode clemina yesterday.saw a couple smaller avy.north facing and south facing slopes.snow is wind blown in open areas.found some small pockets to play in that had good snow.things are pretty skinny though.still good snow in the trees just have to get off the beaten path.cant conplain with the sun we had still an awesome day!

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for report. Heading up with the bikes this trip so should be able to find good stuff deep in the twigs.
Three of us rode clemina yesterday.saw a couple smaller avy.north facing and south facing slopes.snow is wind blown in open areas.found some small pockets to play in that had good snow.things are pretty skinny though.still good snow in the trees just have to get off the beaten path.cant conplain with the sun we had still an awesome day!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found some snow at allan on saturday. need a reload for sure. i got pretty messed up trying to get out of the bush with a broken hand so i didnt get out until dark from the back of allan. as i was leaving i saw something i have never seen before, a group of 4 highmarking superbowl in the pitch black. common guys lol

15994593_10155004305468112_6768903573715615992_o.jpg

15972399_10155004305428112_3948269061262408793_o.jpg

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found some snow at allan on saturday. need a reload for sure. i got pretty messed up trying to get out of the bush with a broken hand so i didnt get out until dark from the back of allan. as i was leaving i saw something i have never seen before, a group of 4 highmarking superbowl in the pitch black. common guys lol

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=49a1d2aed842e0789937d13574de5584&oe=590F1CA5

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c96ea0f0ac924ecaffdfcscd4a9ef9db&oe=59217E65
Jeeesus. Must have had a whole lot of liquid courage in the bloodstream for that.

And ****ty Deal with the hand, would have bean and uncomfortable ride out to say the least.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Max

Reaction score
I remember that spot and nice drone shots. You needed the 174 to get you out ?

https://scontent

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount is currently under a snowfall warning…WICKED! Snow is forecasted to fall straight through until Thursday at least.

The riding areas could certainly use a reload and it looks like this is it. Strong winds and socked in conditions are going to come along with the new snow so be prepared for some fresh lines but very wintery weather.

Temperatures are forecasted to be very warm and we will be maintaining trails as per our normal schedule.

Ride safe!

For a full report or a printable version please follow the link below.

Grooming Schedule and Conditions - Home | Home

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount is currently under a snowfall warning…WICKED! Snow is forecasted to fall straight through until Thursday at least.

The riding areas could certainly use a reload and it looks like this is it. Strong winds and socked in conditions are going to come along with the new snow so be prepared for some fresh lines but very wintery weather.

Temperatures are forecasted to be very warm and we will be maintaining trails as per our normal schedule.

Ride safe!

For a full report or a printable version please follow the link below.

Hearing this makes me want a sled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPow snow report from ground zero ,
It's been snowing all night about 10 cm if not more has come down so far and still snowing , forecast shows another 48 hrs of snow fall , shaping up to be a good weekend and even better Thursday /Friday .
Space still available this weekend at the lodge .

Valemount Skier

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/ridevalemount/
[url]http://www.avalanche.ca/news/spaw-20170119

http://www.avalanche.ca/blogs/dangerous-conditions-brewing[/URL]

Allan Creek and Clemina Creek are within the area covered by the January 19 Special Public Avalanche Warning (SPAW), as well as the recent blog article expressing special concerns about this season's snowpack in certain regions. Chappell Creek is just outside the southern edge of the area, so it wouldn't hurt to consider it within the area as well. Curtis from VARDA has posted some very good videos about this season's snowpack on the VARDA/RideValemount Facebook site.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPow snow report Friday Jan 20 , 9am .
After Monday to Wednesday snow fall , the alpine is reloaded . Sorry no pics .
We had a crew of guys here all week riding deep powder in all areas even out in the open . Had two guys Wednesday who spent the day TRYING to bust trail into keyhole . Yes that's how deep it is .
So if your not already on route to Valemount , you best be loading up your truck and hammering down for one of the best weekends of riding fresh powder of the year .
We have
1 - room with 3 beds left plus
the 2 bedroom mobile home with 5 beds .
Give us a call 250-566-9933
Or shoot me a message .
Ride safe

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather looks to be clearing off for the rest of the weekend with a mix of sun and cloud expected. The alpine snow has been pretty amazing above the 1600m mark. Groomers are out in full force and all three riding areas will be groomed up again this evening. These above zero temperatures are not helping with trail setup and we are doing our best on the lower trails given the conditions.

NOTE! Avalanche Canada has issued a Special Avalanche Warning for the weekend. The snowpack needs time to adjust and settle after this new load, winds and warm temps. Sticking to low or no angle terrain is a must for the next few days. Keep your wits about you, make good terrain decisions and check www.avalanche.ca every time you head into the backcountry. You need to understand the hazards to make good decisions. If you do venture out, please report any of your findings to the Mountain Information Network through Avalanche Canada.

Ride safe

Please click here for the full report

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked day at Chappell today....met up with Landon and John and ended up meeting Tyler on lower Tiffany so good day for snow and mud fans... Won the lottery on the last 6 Kms when we met the groomer....won't lie....cherry on the top!

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here about a avalanche set off in Allen Creeks avalanche alley by a single sledder that slid on six people who managed to get out? Pretty scary

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here about a avalanche set off in Allen Creeks avalanche alley by a single sledder that slid on six people who managed to get out? Pretty scary

I havent heard anything. But would like to know more so i could stay out of that area this weekend

Top Bottom