2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooler temperatures look to have set in this week although they did bring some amazing sunshine with them. From our experiences over the weekend, the riding around the valley is still quite good and there are some great lines left out there. High winds have moved a lot of snow around the mountains so different aspects and elevations are better than others and you may have to find your favorite!

The great news is that it looks like we will be getting a reload later this week.

Please remember to leave the facilities and the mountains as clean as you found them. Pack out everything you pack in and more. The garbage cans located in the cabins are only for those who can’t understand this concept.

Keep your wits about you and check Avalanche Canada before your ride. There are issues within this year’s snowpack that you need to be aware of and you also need to know how to manage or avoid them. If you do venture out, please report any of your findings to the Mountain Information Network through Avalanche Canada.

Please click this link to see the full grooming report
Grooming Schedule and Conditions - Home | Home

Jgirard09

Reaction score
Rode Allen Creek today. Main area around the cabin is a tracked out and no fresh snow. Had to go into the trees to find the nice pow. But overall had a good day.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Socked in today out back at Allen! Some skinny lines through them trees so thanks for leaving them for us!!! Thanks for getting the trail all dolled up for us it was like having the red carpet rolled out...celebrity status type deal! Groomer was Restocking wood today. Thanks again VARDA people! Top notch again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Socked in today out back at Allen! Some skinny lines through them trees so thanks for leaving them for us!!! Thanks for getting the trail all dolled up for us it was like having the red carpet rolled out...celebrity status type deal! Groomer was Restocking wood today. Thanks again VARDA people! Top notch again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I swear you ride every day without a break! Living the dream, eh?

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking of heading up this weekend but looking for the verdict on snow conditions?...ie: is there any left, and/or is it crusted up?

thanks in advance.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its skinny on snow, just got back Wednesday night, very windblown, i found some decent riding but had to search a bit, im waiting for another reload before I go again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High winds and cold temperatures have hammered the open alpine zones this week. The access trails are holding up very well with the colder temps and we are back on to our regular schedule for the grooming fleet.

Finding good quality snow has been getting a bit tough in the more visited areas as we have really not had a full reload from the holiday season.

The winds have moved snow all over the mountain and slabbed up the majority of what was left to enjoy in the open areas so if you are an open bowl rider, you may have to get creative to find some soft snow in the open terrain. The trees on the other hand are still sick, above 1800 meters that is. Below 1800m we have a very unconsolidated snowpack (sugary) that can be a challenge for any rider.

Lots of great riding still to be had out there, but if you are looking for some soft, unaffected snow, find a good patch of northerly bush and get at it.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis nailed the conditions, rode keyhole yesterday very short of snow for this time of yr. Rocks still poking up, had a surface face slide, which fortunately didn't amount to anything. Chappell trail was a groomed highway today!So was much of the alpine, very little pockets left to play in. IMG_4162.jpg

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
Rode Alan Creek yesterday and today. Definitely in need of another dump of snow. We found some decent snow yet but spent a lot of time looking for decent areas to ride that werent tracked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode allen on thursday and clemina friday.we found untouched in both areas but we definetly had to go way back to find it.
saw a couple small slides in clemina.both east facing aspects.still good snow if you know where to look but gettin harder to find good lines.ride safe everyone!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom