2016-17 Invermere area conditions

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road plowed to 27.5km. Active down hill traffic every day of the week. Weekends are usually service guys and the fly down the road!
I imagine this could be a bit touchy with the rapid warm up

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

powder dreams

Reaction score
We went up rocky point today. Parked at the 2 km in the rain. Was pretty wet most of the way up. Was raining tell around 4200' and real wet heavy snow up top. None of the slides have let go yet but I'd expect them to go in the next week with the warm temps. Visibility was next to none so we just played in the couple drainages at the bottom and called it a day.

rode Forster the day befor. Was snowing and socked in bad enough that we never bothered to try and get out of the bottom of the valley. There was a pretty good hump blown into the back wall and looked like no one had been up there in a few days. Trail was mint tell the wood shed then beat to hell like it usually is. If the light was better it would have been a great day.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update guys. Heading out tomorrow for a couple days. If anyone wants to tag along pm me.
What's the deal with the wood hut to the cabin I thought they'd be grooming right to the cabin this year?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update guys. Heading out tomorrow for a couple days. If anyone wants to tag along pm me.
What's the deal with the wood hut to the cabin I thought they'd be grooming right to the cabin this year?

I remember the bridge after the wood hut being skinny.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's a tink small for a groomer. Thanks for your sarcasm it's greatly appreciated lol
I heard they were going to be building a snow bridge across with the groomer.

powder dreams

Reaction score
I'm not to sure what the deal is ether. The snow bridge is in but they aren't grooming past there for some reason? Oh and the shed is just about out of wood. but that only matters if your willing to try and jump a piece of wood up the roughest trail around on your $15k sled lol.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha hey theyre trying.
In all honesty the couple times we've been back in there this year the trail to the bridge has been the best I've ever seen it. That's my experience this year. From the turnaround on is a different story for sure.
Heading in this weekend I'll let you guys know what we find.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not to sure what the deal is ether. The snow bridge is in but they aren't grooming past there for some reason? Oh and the shed is just about out of wood. but that only matters if your willing to try and jump a piece of wood up the roughest trail around on your $15k sled lol.

You have issues carrying 6 pieces of wood on your big dollar sled I guess you deserve to have no fire....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail will not be groomed to the cabin this year, snow cat is to unreliable. Don't want it to crap out on the wrong side of the creek and have no way of getting it back.
Still looking for another machine, every trail fee counts and is appreciated.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the up dates Darcy arriving fri hoping to hookup with someone to ride with Sat, Sun all week, hope we hook up Tus. looking forward to riding Forester and any were else.
Cell 306 630-6059
Thanks
Shawn

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone head up Forster Thursday. Did they get that dump of snow further north did? When was groomer run up last We rode silent yesterday and it was pretty much unreal.

NZjosh

Reaction score
Was up Forster today, not as much snow as silent (rode there Thursday) glacier had the most and was an awesome day, the lakes didn't get much and was wind effected

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Josh it was great wasn't it.
Big slide ripped out at the gas drop as much snow as I'd ever seen come down it holy flip.
Groomer should be able to make a great snow bridge now!

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in there Thursday Josh. Didn't run into you! It was nuts when we were there too.

Top Bottom