2015 Yamaha Release this morning

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Had a chance to check out the 2015s in Revy over the weekend. The MPI kits runs great, spools up quick and pulls hard. It will make many people very happy.
The more I ride these sleds the more I like them. I know which sled I would rather unload from my trailer anyway.

noob

Reaction score
Had a chance to check out the 2015s in Revy over the weekend. The MPI kits runs great, spools up quick and pulls hard. It will make many people very happy.
The more I ride these sleds the more I like them. I know which sled I would rather unload from my trailer anyway.

For all the people whining about the new sled I am very excited to be getting one with your kit on it. Gonna be along few months.

Reactions: NM

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind MPI is going to be offering additional HP upgrades if u go with the MPI Promotion... Up too 230 hp!! So many of the guys wanting the Viper with Boost don't go jump the gun just yet! The upgrade package(s) are going to very reasonably priced. Maybe not all that much reason to go aftermarket for Boost....

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a house east of Calgary that used to be painted with the same Colours. Thought it was owned by a Gulf Oil exec. Looks way better on a sled.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was all about doing a new sled, but my buddy told me a need a tractor for the acreage....so I guess I am SOL..... thanks Kibbles.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was all about doing a new sled, but my buddy told me a need a tractor for the acreage....so I guess I am SOL..... thanks Kibbles.

You Sh!t Head... I told ya to get a couple of goats! The Viper way more important than the lawn!!

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind MPI is going to be offering additional HP upgrades if u go with the MPI Promotion... Up too 230 hp!! So many of the guys wanting the Viper with Boost don't go jump the gun just yet! The upgrade package(s) are going to very reasonably priced. Maybe not all that much reason to go aftermarket for Boost....
Looking at the Sled Rumors 2015 Mtn Viper test it looks like there is no intercooler supplied with the Yamaha MPI kit. Might get expensive to upgrade. That dobek box is also a concern.....maybe not. I guess you can factor in that if you take the Mpi snowcheck deal you save $1500.00 on the kit.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Sled Rumors 2015 Mtn Viper test it looks like there is no intercooler supplied with the Yamaha MPI kit. Might get expensive to upgrade. That dobek box is also a concern.....maybe not. I guess you can factor in that if you take the Mpi snowcheck deal you save $1500.00 on the kit.

Absolutley as I alluded earlier in post pick your poison!! I would say that most will go for MCX or Boostit ... Just stating what is being published..

• Thanks
Reactions: K45

noob

Reaction score
appreciate the info kibbels. Neil is a standout guy and can't wait to support him and run his product. I have had 8 mcx kits and all have been fantastic, but excited as heck to run the boost it. I'm sure MPI will be a very good product, but boost it is worth the extra coin.

• Thanks

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I was in a situation with Tagatree's sled... on the flat, Treemongrol, Boydo, Revguy, Luke the Drifter, and many others could attest to that....it took 6 guys to get this pig unstuck.. LOL Plus Dave, you would have gotten sooo stuck if you follow me.. Guaranteed...:cool:

Only 6 guys? Why not hyperbole it to 20 guys and a crane? I've seen a few "multi-guy rescues" of 4 strokes(turbos)....and it was because they were stuck in some impossible frickin location that a N/A sled would never get to. I have a season on a T-Nytro, and riding the way I do (like a wus mostly) I rarely got stuck. And when I did I only recall actually requiring help once or twice to get unstuck....by ONE guy (lucky Kibbles, LOL). Can't say that for the 18 years of riding 130-150hp sleds.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I was in a situation with Tagatree's sled... on the flat, Treemongrol, Boydo, Revguy, Luke the Drifter, and many others could attest to that....it took 6 guys to get this pig unstuck.. LOL Plus Dave, you would have gotten sooo stuck if you follow me.. Guaranteed...:cool:

if you needed 6 of you i think you need to hit the gym:d

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Rode the new sled with MPI turbo on the weekend. These sleds rock and are very impressive!!! For people who want more HP Boost It or MCX will be the way to go for most I think. I will have a Boost It turbo on mine next year. Getting a lot of calls and messages, these are going to be a hit. - Cody

• Thanks

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Evolution Powersports just released info on their Viper turbo kit as well. They have had tuning for bigger injectors and reduced timing for this motor for quite a while. MPI and Evo know each other quite well from engineering projects they have collaborated on in the past, both with this motor platform and other things. I know this kit initially will focus on no head shim higher octane tuning. Jim from Evo is not on this site so for more info it might be best to reach him here:

Evolution Powersports BIG CHUTE VIPER TURBO - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

Looks like this kit will be a no tuning required kit just like the turbo kits Evo produces for the 1100t. Their reputation speaks for itself in Cat land.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Evolution Powersports just released info on their Viper turbo kit as well. They have had tuning for bigger injectors and reduced timing for this motor for quite a while. MPI and Evo know each other quite well from engineering projects they have collaborated on in the past, both with this motor platform and other things. I know this kit initially will focus on no head shim higher octane tuning. Jim from Evo is not on this site so for more info it might be best to reach him here:

Evolution Powersports BIG CHUTE VIPER TURBO - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

Looks like this kit will be a no tuning required kit just like the turbo kits Evo produces for the 1100t. Their reputation speaks for itself in Cat land.

Well very interestesting as Evo has very good reputation in Fueling, Mapping & Turbo Systems! There is going to be more Boosted Vipers on the snow for 2015 then expected.. So much to choose from WOW.... From the feedback here on SM allot of peeps are leaning towards Boost-It...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the actual wieght of a completely STOCK Viper mtx, nearly 560Lbs according to this scale.
Not any lighter then the Nytro imo and what i have weighed.
For the blind people the scale says 558, couple gallons of fuel in it. No fuel they are around 545.
Still a 100Lbs heavier then a comparable 2stroke.
BTW this is not my pic and was takin by some one else in some one elses shop.

0F26ACF0-5C5C-4D52-A77C-99BB88405B51-1022-000000EA81F5D65F_zpse7c01237.jpg

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deadly. If they hide that weight and balance it as well as Doo does on the XM that will make for a very nice machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to take the second part of your statement....kinda sounds like a bit of a dig. Do I ride as aggressively as I used too? No. I choose not to. Doesn't mean I can't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom