2015 xm

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the coils on the 2015 xm I've been hearing rumors that their have been problems with the coils and the sled just stops or it won't start

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have seen 2 on the hill that had dead coils and if you check out snowest there is talk of these sleds having coil issues. Also make sure you t3 boys carry spare plugs with a proper spark plug wrench cuz they foul plugs when it gets chilly -20 ish I think, there is a re flash for this issue apparently.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The one was a turbo tss I think with 40 k on it and the other was stock, both had 1 coil toast, they were too far back to tow and were not happy about the heli bill they were about to encounter ha ha. The stocker had no extra electrical of sure but I imagine the tss had a oil pump running drawing extra electrical power for sure but that isn't much, I also saw a air/fuel rati guage.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds will also not recognize tether if lots of electrical accs on it. There is a ferrite module update for that to be installed if needed at time of new flash. Could be the issue ?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sleds will also not recognize tether if lots of electrical accs on it. There is a ferrite module update for that to be installed if needed at time of new flash. Could be the issue ?

interesting, is it because its taking amperage away from the tether, or just "electrical noise"?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting, is it because its taking amperage away from the tether, or just "electrical noise"?
Its noise or interference as the tether is radio frequency Tyler. The module that plugs in is supposed to stop this from happening.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
And when they are installing the COLD START update, that would be the time to purchase that extra key.
Computer already hooked up, so just program key for yah.
My dealer did it for no charge (just price of key) because they were updating already.
Not sure of other dealers but makes sense to keep customer happy and give a little perk. Good business!

Top Bottom