2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up to 60cms in Chappell today, we are finally getting the reload that we needed

NOTE: Due to issue with the Groomer, the operator had to turn around 3/4 of the way up this evening. For this, trail passes will be $20 tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up to 60cms in Chappell today, we are finally getting the reload that we needed

NOTE: Due to issue with the Groomer, the operator had to turn around 3/4 of the way up this evening. For this, trail passes will be $20 tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I don't think you should drop the trail fee. Things break and people need to deal with that. The trail is still alot better than what I usually ride.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you should drop the trail fee. Things break and people need to deal with that. The trail is still alot better than what I usually ride.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I second this. Equipment does break down and it costs money to replace parts, Just the way it goes. Sounds like most trail fees barely cover fuel, no need to lower it anymore than it already is.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was great, easy triggering, One guy got buried just before premiere, and was dug out. He didn't buckle his helmet and it blew off. He had snow packed in his face and was pretty shook up I hear.

Someone abandoned an arctic cat at km3 or so around the sharp corner. One guy almost went over the embankment and just left it there.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of someone that does sled rescues in the blue vale area? Specifically chappel.
That fn place owns me and my sleds.
Or is a chopper my only option? Companies?

coolcam

Reaction score
Does anyone know of someone that does sled rescues in the blue vale area? Specifically chappel.

If you and your buddies can't get it out you'll probably need a chopper.

Yellowhead helicopters in Valemount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Took the motor out of my XM in blue today and by the sounds of it Yellowhead doesn't have anything available til Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a new company in Mcbride too call spindrift in Mcbride he will know we had one brought out a month ago.... Yellohead wanted 2200 they did it for 1500

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you and your buddies can't get it out you'll probably need a chopper.

Yellowhead helicopters in Valemount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya im tryin to round up a few buds from outta town.
It was jus two of us today

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the motor out of my XM in blue today and by the sounds of it Yellowhead doesn't have anything available til Monday.

That dont sound promising. Snapped my primary clean off the shaft, half thru the panel.
At least we got 3/4 a day of deeep untouched blue bird.
Hangin at the glacier in blue right now comin up w a gameplan

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a new company in Mcbride too call spindrift in Mcbride he will know we had one brought out a month ago.... Yellohead wanted 2200 they did it for 1500

Ugly numbers
Ive effed up three sleds in that place, never my fault, pretty sure im cursed there, but keep goin back for punishment.
In reality the turns i got in today was worth it

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta pay if you wanta play..... No one does sled retrievals any more they are all makin too much money guiding..... So it's you and your buddies or open your wallet

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta pay if you wanta play..... No one does sled retrievals any more they are all makin too much money guiding..... So it's you and your buddies or open your wallet

Most over used phrase ever.
Yes bud I sled, my wallets been raped for years, nothin new.
Thanks for the insight tho

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you tried this trick or not. But if you turn the skis around and throw the sled on the back of the tunnel of the tow sled. Kinda like a sled 69. It's crazy how good this works for climbing hills. Only downfall is it's very hard on the tunnel of the one sled. Last time we did this was with 99 summits. Sleds were built a lot stronger back then. Price of a tunnel on your buddies sled will be the same price as a chopper. I've had to pay for a chopper before it sucks. Hope you get it out.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All three trails systems groomed up again last night. Chappell is likely holding the deepest snow at this time and also offers the simplest terrain choices.

We are seeing numerous sled trigger avalanches to sz 2 happening all over the mountains, so please continue to give this new snow time to settle out and choose your terrain wisely.

Top Bottom