2014 Arctic Cat Lineup

Cat_Girl

Reaction score
Website
www.ralphsmotorsports.com
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for feedback on the 2014 Arctic Cat line up?
What are you happy about? What disappointed you?
You thinking of stepping into a 2014 or are you waiting until 2015?

Let er' rip! Tell us whats up.

:behindsofa:

MattM

Reaction score
Definetly in the market dieing to ride and 800 and 1100t. then throw some cash down..........

Matt

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18 lbs lighter
New seat with storage
Better attack angle
Improved clutching
Ltd colors are sweet
New skis
Looks like a winner to me might even have to try one.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever asked a rep from Arctic Cat why they don't publish there weights in there brochures/webpage? Seems odd when the other manufacturers do. Not a bash, just a question as this has been this way for quite a few years now.:confused:

bryan_117

Reaction score
Want a new orange and black one, probably will wait till next year to see what they will have for an 800 engine. Not that I wanna be a guinea pig for a new engine but direct injection would be nice

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever asked a rep from Arctic Cat why they don't publish there weights in there brochures/webpage? Seems odd when the other manufacturers do. Not a bash, just a question as this has been this way for quite a few years now.:confused:

They posted it in that BS riding weight video, so just minus 18 lbs from that. So I guess it's 17 lbs ligher than a pro after snow build up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat_Girl

Reaction score
Website
www.ralphsmotorsports.com
We communicate with the reps a lot.
The weight thing is for a couple of reasons. The most obvious being we have a heavy sled. Right now I think the design team is more focused on branding arctic cat through top horse power image. Secondly I can say dry weight doesn't mean anythi, and whether or not those published dry weights are accurate is speculative but that is really up to the consumer to decide I suppose.
Cat knows they need to lighten up, why boast about something ur not top dog for? Fact remains its cheaper to take weight off a sled than put horse power into one. This year I think I saw weight specs on their website so at least we are going in the right direction.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We communicate with the reps a lot.
The weight thing is for a couple of reasons. The most obvious being we have a heavy sled. Right now I think the design team is more focused on branding arctic cat through top horse power image. Secondly I can say dry weight doesn't mean anythi, and whether or not those published dry weights are accurate is speculative but that is really up to the consumer to decide I suppose.
Cat knows they need to lighten up, why boast about something ur not top dog for? Fact remains its cheaper to take weight off a sled than put horse power into one. This year I think I saw weight specs on their website so at least we are going in the right direction.

Doesn't the spec sheet included with the owner's manuals list the sled weights?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2012 and I can only imagine that the 2014's are going to be better. I really like the new colors and I really like that they took out the rear cooler on the PC's. mine gets a ton of ice build up.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
In my own opinion the more important item than weight is the overall balance of the sled. These are mountain sleds and they need to be able to take some abuse and also be able to do things like pull dead sleds out to the staging areas, so sometimes a little extra weight is not always a bad thing. The 05 through 11 M sleds had a poor side to side balance but the front to back was not bad. The M series 12's and up seem to have a not bad side to side balance but very poor front to back balance. When I stand on the sled in a normal riding stance I would like to see 50% of my weight on the rear of the sled and the other 50% on the front of the sled, not the current front heavy transfer.

Catman13

Reaction score
Love the new line up. Bought a white limited M8 this year. Might have to buy another in orange next year.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No glove heater box? Or factory jerry can/storage bags for the tunnel yet?

they have a detachable goggle warmer/glove heater that goes just ahead of the handlebars Ric, and there is a HUGE list of factory tunnel bags avaible with all sorts of different sizes. The jerry can, we use a rev jerry can on Sara's proclimb, but any would fit. They do have fuel can carriers available but they do not hold you to a specific size fuel can.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
they have a detachable goggle warmer/glove heater that goes just ahead of the handlebars ric, and there is a huge list of factory tunnel bags avaible with all sorts of different sizes. The jerry can, we use a rev jerry can on sara's proclimb, but any would fit. They do have fuel can carriers available but they do not hold you to a specific size fuel can.

kool......... Always wondered about that

Top Bottom