2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode allen tue weds both good days met sasksummit at far back, snow was good sasksummits group went up trail then mine and trail was fine. When we came down the trial was all spun up. Young guys that have to wick on throttle just rut it up.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work this weekend, then up on the 12 th hopefully they are gonna get the forecasted snow. Then work for a few days and header to Mcbride ��

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not just "young guys" that wreck the trail...its anyone that doesn't get the concept of momentum. Got a bunch of friends riding this weekend, got my christmas party this weekend so hoping to get out next weekend or at least somewhere before newyears. I'm going through withdrawal already

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weeks storm dropped over a meter of snow onto the Valemount area. Although this has largely settled, we finally have the true coverage we need to begin the good riding season. The alpine has been a bit wind hammered since the last large snowfall on the weekend although as seen from the picture, there is still some great snow to be found.

The snowpack is still holding those nasty lower crusts that the great people at Avalanche Canada are talking about and we are seeing a lot of avalanche activity on N-NE aspects.

We are sending the groomers up the trail for the first set today and hope to be on a regular schedule from now on, so sledders should be prepared to purchase trail passes ($25) beginning December 05 for the Allen and Clemina areas. Chappell creek will not require trail passes until the following Friday as this trail typically does not handle the first set as well.

All in all, its good to go in Valemount. Check the bulletin, check your safety gear, get out there and ride smart.

BUT WE NEED HELP The garbage being left in the cabins has to stop! Pack out what you pack in and please ask others to do the same. The walls are NOT for you and your cool buddies to carve your name into and if there is a mound of snow stopping to door from opening, please just get out your shovel and remove it. Come on guys, please help us out a little with this stuff.

Attachments

• Dec 04 Allen Crk.jpg
    Dec 04 Allen Crk.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 567

Turbo Brad

Reaction score
Sweet day at Allen today and yesterday met the grumer on the way out and thanks for opening the gate this mornin Curtis from varda lotsa snow and it's not all tracked out wish I had another week off to keep riding in this great snow

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen some trucks at Oasis parking lot on the way to Chappell today. But we are thinking they ended up in millage? Anyone know if it is broke? Trying to decide what tomorrow has in store for us. Lol

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weeks storm dropped over a meter of snow onto the Valemount area. Although this has largely settled, we finally have the true coverage we need to begin the good riding season. The alpine has been a bit wind hammered since the last large snowfall on the weekend although as seen from the picture, there is still some great snow to be found.

The snowpack is still holding those nasty lower crusts that the great people at Avalanche Canada are talking about and we are seeing a lot of avalanche activity on N-NE aspects.

We are sending the groomers up the trail for the first set today and hope to be on a regular schedule from now on, so sledders should be prepared to purchase trail passes ($25) beginning December 05 for the Allen and Clemina areas. Chappell creek will not require trail passes until the following Friday as this trail typically does not handle the first set as well.

All in all, its good to go in Valemount. Check the bulletin, check your safety gear, get out there and ride smart.

BUT WE NEED HELP The garbage being left in the cabins has to stop! Pack out what you pack in and please ask others to do the same. The walls are NOT for you and your cool buddies to carve your name into and if there is a mound of snow stopping to door from opening, please just get out your shovel and remove it. Come on guys, please help us out a little with this stuff.

my buddy and I were up in clemina on this past sunday.what an awesome job you guys have done with that cabin.it was a cold day so we had the fire going(-32)we stocked up the woodpile after we left and swept the floor :).we were going to leave a thank you note for the amazing job on the cabin,but didn't have a pen lol.

so THANKS FOR A BADASS CABIN TO ALL WHO HELPED BUILD IT!

Ryan7

Reaction score
Well I'm sure a guy could make it if you had your heart set on it. There is one spot on he trail about 1 km from the blocks where there's a hump to get over and I spun over a stump. Figured if it was that bad already it will only get worse. Willows are pounded down if you wanna give it a shot tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlo

Reaction score
Headed to valemount sat morning ( comming solo ) could use a couple compadres to ride withhh!

Top Bottom