2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I will have time to powder coat things if the snow report looks so bleak. I'm hoping we get that dump coming up but I don't think I'll be riding till dec 13 or so at this rate

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they changed the forecast! There's some snow in it now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be running up to Clemina cabin today or tomorrow to drop some stuff off , I'll take some pics , the good news is it's only accessible now by sled . I'll take a true measurement of snow depth . And yes we have snow in near forecast fingers crossed.

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

thanks man!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well boys things didn't go in my favor today .
I can say there's snow at 6 km , I unloaded at 10 km roughly about 6 inches of snow there . Another post to follow

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long story short , About 14 km , sled hit a big rut moving very slow as I was hauling a load it rolled on its side pinning my leg , once I got it off my foot was just hanging . Took me a cpl hours but got sled flipped bck up , load disconnected and drove bck to truck then lodge and phoned 911 . Broken bone at bottom of femar , won't know till tomorrow after orthopedic in PG examine X-ray to determine if surgery is needed , I'm hoping they can just recast it . Great start to the season , bck to lodge now . A couple locals are looking after everything I had to abandon .
But what a beautiful day it was.
I can't believe I ride my 163x3 BB in some hairy situations and I do this on the trail at about 5 Kms/hr on a wide track scandic , I think that was the problem going to slow .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's to a quick recovery.

Long story short , About 14 km , sled hit a big rut moving very slow as I was hauling a load it rolled on its side pinning my leg , once I got it off my foot was just hanging . Took me a cpl hours but got sled flipped bck up , load disconnected and drove bck to truck then lodge and phoned 911 . Broken bone at bottom of femar , won't know till tomorrow after orthopedic in PG examine X-ray to determine if surgery is needed , I'm hoping they can just recast it . Great start to the season , bck to lodge now . A couple locals are looking after everything I had to abandon .
I can't believe I ride my 163x3 BB in some hairy situations and I do this on the trail at about 5 Kms/hr on a wide track scandic , I think that was the problem going to slow .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles Terry. That really sucks. Everything you guys do out there for the sledders is really appreciated and then to hear you get busted up doing it... Hope you heal fast buddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch!that def sucks man.thanks for the pictures man greatly appreciated! hope you heal fast!:)

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really sunday night and no report. Surely someone had to have tried riding this weekend? We are planning to head out in about a week if the forecast holds. So any updates this week will be greatly appreciated.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
What a story.... you sir own the hard as F....K award for the season... i can't imagine the pain that you went through... Thats some marine scout sniper stuff right there... Recap: rode sled in... broke femur..don't panic its only 1 cm way from my femoral artery.WTF !!! flip sled off broken leg.. then back on skis.. turn sled around..DRIVE DOWN the trail.. Ahh ill just drive myself to the hospital.....Dont forget to log on and make sure everyone has a decent snow report... With pictures..

Wow i salute you sir

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What a story.... you sir own the hard as F....K award for the season... i can't imagine the pain that you went through... Thats some marine scout sniper stuff right there... Recap: rode sled in... broke femur..don't panic its only 1 cm way from my femoral artery.WTF !!! flip sled off broken leg.. then back on skis.. turn sled around..DRIVE DOWN the trail.. Ahh ill just drive myself to the hospital.....Dont forget to log on and make sure everyone has a decent snow report... With pictures..

Wow i salute you sir

Agreed!!!!!

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow i salute you sir

Couldn't have said it better! Heres to a quick recovery.

Top Bottom