2013 Snowandmud.com ATV Jamboree

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It's really not that wet out here. Been riding every second day. A dirtbike that is. Creeks are high trails are dry. There's a rainfall warning for today though.

Thanks for the live update Darcy, Glen & I will be down this weekend to do some marking and measuring of some stuff.

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
I live in rocky and ride the area on a bike/sled/quad , lots of trails in low lying areas are closed as they are in very poor condition , but there's still lots of places to ride in the hills.
GOPRO8527SnapshotW .jpg
IMG_7386rhondasm.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We are heading down there this weekend to check/work on the trail. Need to check on water issues and plan for some changes. It was dry when we were down there last time. Pretty sure there will be some changes now.
Always fun to get out on the trail. Camping at Outwest again

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Trails are definitely wet, and will be somewhat more challenging in places this year than in past years. For those of you with Children on the little quads that were hoping to be able to have them ride their own machines, we are not going to recommend it. Unfortunately there are a few "lakes" we have to get across, hopefully they will dry up some in the next couple of weeks but as of right now, its very wet, and yes there was some damages done, but I think we will have those repaired in the next week or so.

Back to Outwest for the long weekend, anyone that has some spare time that can come and help with bridge repairs would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
A reminder to all attendee's:

This year there is a FREE Burger BBQ on Saturday Night. This is sponsored by UTV Canada from Leduc. Please come down to the tent for your burger/fixings and to kick off our evening properly.

There will be a donation can setup to donate to the Red Cross going for relief efforts in and around our VERY wet Province.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
TG I don't think ill be able to make it this year! Come see me for some stuff when you get a sec ill hook ya up.

Jeff Burkin

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new guy staying out at Outwest for the Jamboree. I love this area, ride it 2-3 times a month.

Quick question. Do I really have to wear a helmet? I have a 2013 Polaris Ranger with full windshield, roof, seatbelts, and mesh doors. I don't even own a helmet.......

Thanks, Jeff

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so when you roll your ranger your head won't hurt when it smashes into the roll bar or the rock on the ground, just like the atv riders that won't wear a helmet till they roll or hit a tree. i don't want to be the person that has to carry you back to the truck or campsite with your brains sticking out. rule are rules and if you don't like them for the weekend stay home what you do on your own time is your business. learning how to walk after hitting your head takes a lot of time and money, a friend took 3 years of rehab just to learn how to walk you do not want to go there.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new guy staying out at Outwest for the Jamboree. I love this area, ride it 2-3 times a month.

Quick question. Do I really have to wear a helmet? I have a 2013 Polaris Ranger with full windshield, roof, seatbelts, and mesh doors. I don't even own a helmet.......

Thanks, Jeff

Yes, helmets are mandatory

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would you even THINK of not wearing one... that is just not using your brains man... even if your in a 5 point harness with thick padded roll bars ...you always wear a helmet.. what is the theory of not wearing one? there must be a reason why people have that mentality to think that they will be save without a helmet...

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff please pick up a helmet. They are not expensive and could save your life or save the rest of your life as a wet noodle. Helmets work better than not having a helmet. If you really want I can let u use a old one of mine. But I think you would like to have your own.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeff don't take these comments as we are getting mad or something.. you are so welcome to join in with all the festivities and have lots of fun out there.. sure your going to meet some folks and make a new friend or two .... but this province is so stupid not to have a backcountry helmet law.. seen to many without helmets get head damage even with a machine like yours.. and not even driving fast... it has happened and will happen again to someone that is not wearing one...

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember Drakko 99 wipeout? He had a helmet on and lived to tell us.

Top Bottom