2013 Pros

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with 2 weekends on the 800 and one weekend on the 600 here are my thoughts.

I rode Ski-Doo for 16+ years and now I am on the 800 163 Pro and my kid is on the 600 155.

The 800 Pro does work better in the trees than my Summit 2011 Etec 154 and the power may be slightly lower on the Pro but it is torquey and has good throttle response, so over-all it does make me a better rider and 95% of the time you wont notice the power difference.

The suspension is no where as soft as the Summit so I miss the Summit for the trails and if you jump the Pro and land flat you will be hurting in your wrists as there is very little flex in this chassis and it will feed back to the rider. Where the Pro shines is in the thick trees where you have to pull a slow windey sidehill. With the Doo, you needed to keep your speed or you would fall back down on your skis. Also the bodywork on the Pro also does not hang up in the snow like the Summit does.

On the 600, all I can say is wow, if you were watching it go, you would never know it was only a 600. This little sled is snakey and fast. Of course being only a 155 you have to ride it faster in order not to get stuck. It also does not track as straight as a 163. This makes it feel much lighter, even when its within 5 lbs of the 163 800.

The only problem so far is the lights went out on the 600 near the end of the weekend. The gauges are still working so maybe something simple. Yet to determine.

Oh yea one more thing, both sleds hold way too much snow at the back of the running boards. The front of the boards are awesome and they clear very fast.

Here is Colby on the 600.

Attachments

• 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like you had some decent conditions. Where was this picture taken? I have a 2012 Pro 163 and I love it. My boards do the same thing but I still love it compared to my Turbo nytro.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good To Hear. Had a 600 and moved to 800 this year and i agree those 600's sure go.

Top Bottom