2013 Pro RMK Release

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's called TECHNOLOGY.
Just like rider forward, RER, Polaris will follow. Maybe not for a couple of years, and it might be a little different to avoid patent hassles... but, Oh Yes they will follow.
Shur is quiet here... LOL

I'll reserve judgement on this. It may or may not work, but I do know that if Doo told you chit is the best chain lube, you'd be crapping in your chaincase.

Oh, by the way, Poo got to use RER technology (which is awesome) only because Doo copied Poo's rear suspension at the time. Hmmm, who was following who ? Take your blinders off, Cuso. All manufacturers have something to offer. Right now, Poo has a superior chassis, Doo has the better engine. This benefits us all in the end.

Last edited:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement on this. It may or may not work, but I do know that if Doo told you chit is the best chain lube, you'd be crapping in your chaincase.Oh, by the way, Poo got to use RER technology (which is awesome) only because Doo copied Poo's rear suspension at the time. Hmmm, who was following who ? Take your blinders off, Cuso. All manufacturers have something to offer. Right now, Poo has a superior chassis, Doo has the better engine. This benefits us all in the end.
. Don't forget to mention Doo has the better clutching too!!! Just joking, maybe better motor and track though, but that chassis??? Hmmmm

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha sorry pro rmk clutching is all over the place. Been on a few now was less than impressed. Doo had issues in 2008. This is 2012

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey maxwell i normaly agree with what you say, but doo's tra is freakin horrible it is in need of a much needed upgrade in the worst way. I am tired of rebuilding my tra every season rollers, bushings, springs and they get so hot you can fry an egg on them. Then you have to float the secondary to keep belts from shredding to pieces every 600miles.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement on this. It may or may not work, but I do know that if Doo told you chit is the best chain lube, you'd be crapping in your chaincase.

Oh, by the way, Poo got to use RER technology (which is awesome) only because Doo copied Poo's rear suspension at the time. Hmmm, who was following who ? Take your blinders off, Cuso. All manufacturers have something to offer. Right now, Poo has a superior chassis, Doo has the better engine. This benefits us all in the end.

Pfffftt.....how you gonna crap in that hole in the chaincase? Its on the side.:rolleyes:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey maxwell i normaly agree with what you say, but doo's tra is freakin horrible it is in need of a much needed upgrade in the worst way. I am tired of rebuilding my tra every season rollers, bushings, springs and they get so hot you can fry an egg on them. Then you have to float the secondary to keep belts from shredding to pieces every 600miles.

The clutching on the 2012's is the best we've seen in a few years. Word is they are doing the calibration now in Malakwa instead of Colorado. Biiiiiiig difference in snow and elevation.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree snopro. Haven't seen Doo clutching this good since the '06 Revs. They had them working very well right out of the crate. The '12's I've seen definitely aren't suffering from clutching issues.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for 2012 they updated the circlip made it wider to reduce bushing wear other than that i dont see anything else for the primary and the secondary they shimmed them more something i missed? Wonder why a lot of guys with doos are going to the P85 than if the tra is good.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because mountain magic tells them its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Until the sled still doesn't work any better and they now have a broken crank stub.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for 2012 they updated the circlip made it wider to reduce bushing wear other than that i dont see anything else for the primary and the secondary they shimmed them more something i missed? Wonder why a lot of guys with doos are going to the P85 than if the tra is good.

I know alot of XP riders and I don't know of one running a P85. Darl Baker doesn't run it and he loves the TRA. Like Maxwell says, one shop in Edmonton runs the Poo clutch on all their builds and I know for a fact that the owner is just more comfortable with that clutch for tuning his mod sleds as he has been a diehard Polaris guy since he started riding. Nice try at stirring it up though.......Lol.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because mountain magic tells them its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Until the sled still doesn't work any better and they now have a broken crank stub.

Any idea why they're breaking cranks when running P-85's ?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know alot of XP riders and I don't know of one running a P85. Darl Baker doesn't run it and he loves the TRA. Like Maxwell says, one shop in Edmonton runs the Poo clutch on all their builds and I know for a fact that the owner is just more comfortable with that clutch for tuning his mod sleds as he has been a diehard Polaris guy since he started riding. Nice try at stirring it up though.......Lol.

The people using p-85s on brp units like it just cause you can tune a wider range on the p-85. The tra is overkill as far as moving parts. IMO

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The people using p-85s on brp units like it just cause you can tune a wider range on the p-85. The tra is overkill as far as moving parts. IMO

With over 50 spring choices , 25 ramp choices, multiple set screw choices and even larger roller choices I'm confused how the P85 has more tuning choices. We have 1200 rpm worth of tuneability with the clickers. Where I believe the P85 has an advantage is it is an open design clutch, thus a huge cooling advantage. It would be nice to see a next gen TRA that is not closed like the one we have now.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely lots of tuning choices on the TRA. Could it be a preference by some for the P-85 on the basis of tuning simplicity ? The ability to change weights and spring on the hill in under 10 minutes ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are close with your clutching on the TRA then it is quicker to make tuning changes especially if you have quick clickers. Maybe a minute to make a change. The P85 is similar to Cat and Yamaha's clutch so other brand converts are probably more comfortable with that design. You just have to look at the TRA almost backwards when tuning with our rollers movable and our ramps stationary.

Top Bottom