2013 Hunting Season

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a week to go it would be a good time for guys to phone and get permission for hunting access for where they plan to hunt!It would save a lot of negative attitudes towards hunters if everyone would do this!I hunt and own land myself and appreciate when someone stops in or phones first before going onto my place!Almost everytime I'll let them go but if I catch you and then you ask me then it's too late!Trespassing charge will be a pain in the ass for both of us!Another thing unless you're crippled,get out of the vehicle to hunt!Road hunting is about as cool as dating your cousin!Everyone thinks because it's hunting season they can drive around and shoot at anything that moves!!A buck something a liter for fuel it's pretty expensive meat when you drive around all day!The least you can do is leave your address so I can drive across your lawn with my vehicle!My 1000 acres is no different than the city lot or acreage that you own!But enough ranting and everyone have a good season!

2skis

Reaction score
I always ask for permission. But did you know, that NOT posting your land gives a hunter the right to hunt on your land. Stupid, Yes. But according to police laws buying that tag gives you the right. And if you have someone on your land and you go threaten them YOU can be charged. Just like if someone broke into your house, fell down your stairs and then turned around and sued you. But then if you do post your land then you yourself cant hunt on it. At least this is what an RCMP officer told me. He should?? know.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ask for permission. But did you know, that NOT posting your land gives a hunter the right to hunt on your land. Stupid, Yes. But according to police laws buying that tag gives you the right. And if you have someone on your land and you go threaten them YOU can be charged. Just like if someone broke into your house, fell down your stairs and then turned around and sued you. But then if you do post your land then you yourself cant hunt on it. At least this is what an RCMP officer told me. He should?? know.

Petty Trespass Act
Amendments to the Petty Trespass Act came into force June 1, 2004. While it is still possible for a landowner to prohibit entry onto his or her land by giving oral or written notice or by posting signs prohibiting entry, the amendments now set out certain kinds of property where entry is prohibited without any notice required. These lands include those privately owned lands (and leased public lands not associated with grazing or cultivation – these are addressed at ) that are under cultivation, fenced or enclosed by a natural boundary or enclosed in a manner that indicates the landholder’s intention to keep people off the premises or animals on the premises. Importantly, hunters or others who access those lands must have permission before entering. ***** so just get a county map and phone.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Although there is a moral obligation to pursue wounded game and a legal requirement to ensure game is retrieved and not wasted or abandoned, these obligations do not override the legal requirement to get permission to enter private land.

Straight from the regulations.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rent 640 acres of crown land for grazing my cattle on and a person still has to ask for permission to access it!I have to allow reasonable access but have stipulation on what is allowed and the government has to approve what they are!Every year I have the same fight with guys thinking that because it's crown land I can't say or do anything they are wrong!I know it's crown land and everyone owns it but the difference is I pay local property tax on all 4 quarters,pay the government rent and any oil field activity has to go through me!I don't have as much pull as private property but I get paid by the oil companies when they do work on there.Quite a few guys still have the mentality that because it's hunting season they can go wherever they want without having permission and they ruin it for a lot of the nice guys that put in the effort to get permission!They don't realize that they are actually affecting the atv and sled clubs ability to get land owner permission for their trails!A lot of these owners stay pissed off because of hunters going on their property!I actally like the look on some guys faces when I have a problem with them when I ask for their address and tell them I want to come drive across their grass!When it costs me 50 to close to 100 dollars an acre to seed a field to hay or have dirt on tires passing crop disease between fields I have a pretty big financial problem with guys in my fields!Me driving on their grass will hit their wallet a lot less!They don't think trespassing is the same when it's done in the country especially if someone was to do it to them!I have road hunters cruising by my place already but no one has phoned or stopped in to line **** up for next week!I wish I could where camo when I go out for my morning hunts on foot on my own place but have to where blaze orange because of the lazy retards road hunting!I have had cross hairs on me in the past by road hunters that don't own or know how to use binoculars!Gives you an uneasy feeling and since then have wore some orange and it still happens once and a while!!

Top Bottom