2013 F350 DRW Diesel or 2013 Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pricing thing has me confused. When I was truck shopping in late 2010, the Dodges were all $10,000 cheaper than any Ford or Chevy that had the same trim level or less than the Dodge. Are the 2013's really going for that much more now? Or are you guys just quoting the MSRP that you see sitting on the windshield in the dealer's lot?
Has anyone actually dealt with a Ford and a Dodge dealer on a 2013? I just had a friend buy a 2013 Ford FX4 350 full load and he was sitting at $68k by the time he was done. I paid $58k for my full load with a Laramie package. Maybe I'm behind the times here?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2013 Dodge is a nice looking beast and with the upgrades your right should be a whole lot better than the 09. It's too bad the best they can do for price is ten thousand more than the Ford. What's up withe the availability of these units hardly any around most have the old style transmission and old power range.

Lol, my point wasn't that the 2013 Dodges were better than an 09. Not sure where you picked that up. My point is it should be a better truck than any of the 2013 HD's out there right now.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there's no warranty on any chipped truck. If u read the post im saying it takes a chipped dodge to pull like a chev or ford not chipped
Opps I read it wrong. I thought your were saying all 3 were deleted and running the stock program. I'm not sure how much power gain there is with the dpf deleted and running the stock program. The dodge has 50 HP less than the others anyway. not bad considering that the other 2 need 8 cyls to compete with the I6. LOL im just poking fun.
I did take all three for a test drive before I bought my 2012 3500. Ive always been in a dodge. The chev was really nice to drive but for the price it did not have alot of creature comforts kind of plain on the inside, and the urea was a huge turnoff for me. The ford was a really nice truck, I like the new tranny, the engine was quiet, and ran smooth. lots of creature comforts but had the urea and a very large sticker price 82000!!! and are a PITA to maintain off warrenty.
For me, I believe Dodge stepped up in a big way from the previous years. the 2013 has alot of nice improvements over the 12 but it has urea and was the biggest reason for me to order a 12 Ram.

Shovelking780

Reaction score
The pricing thing has me confused. When I was truck shopping in late 2010, the Dodges were all $10,000 cheaper than any Ford or Chevy that had the same trim level or less than the Dodge. Are the 2013's really going for that much more now? Or are you guys just quoting the MSRP that you see sitting on the windshield in the dealer's lot?
Has anyone actually dealt with a Ford and a Dodge dealer on a 2013? I just had a friend buy a 2013 Ford FX4 350 full load and he was sitting at $68k by the time he was done. I paid $58k for my full load with a Laramie package. Maybe I'm behind the times here?
I have been shopping for both prices were not factory MSRP. Ford was cheaper by $10000 I'm thinking mainly because they have factory rebates where Dodge is currently not offering any.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New 13 dodge 3500's and 2500's also are up to 24,000 km between oil changes on factory oil, that is a very nice feature

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been shopping for both prices were not factory MSRP. Ford was cheaper by $10000 I'm thinking mainly because they have factory rebates where Dodge is currently not offering any.

Crazy. Can't go wrong with that then. Doesn't matter which truck you're getting into.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New 13 dodge 3500's and 2500's also are up to 24,000 km between oil changes on factory oil, that is a very nice feature

I'm not convinced about these long oil change intervals. I'm still going to change mine every six months which for me is only about 6000 kms since I don't use my truck much. Oil changes really aren't that expensive especially if you buy your filters in bulk from the states. 12 bucks a filter for Motorcraft 6.7s.50. 50 or so for the two fuel Filters.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back to your original question, i would go with the new dodge but wait a year for the bugs to be worked out. as it looks like a very impressive machine on paper. shouldnt be any urea problems like chevy and ford did in 2011, dodge has had their cc models on urea for a few years now.

honestly these new motors do not need to be chipped, we have a couple 2013 chevy one tons and they pull like small semis. we have our registered weights a few thousand lbs over manufactures rating and they pull and break without breaking a sweat. we are planning to switch to stronger trailers as the trucks will go beyond they trailer ratings

Top Bottom