2012 X mr exhaust?

Baker88

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls. I was planning on buying a HMF exhaust for my 2012 800R X mr but I'm hearing alot of talk saying I will need a fuel controller because its an EFI? Was looking for more info on the subject as I am new to the ATV performance scene.

Thanks!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls. I was planning on buying a HMF exhaust for my 2012 800R X mr but I'm hearing alot of talk saying I will need a fuel controller because its an EFI? Was looking for more info on the subject as I am new to the ATV performance scene.

Thanks!
Yup. You should have the machine tuned as it will run lean with a pipe.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been running an hmf slip on performance since new and havnt heard or seen of any problems, i asked my dealer about them before i purchased the pipe and was told i shouldnt need a controller, but thats just my 2 cents.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been running an hmf slip on performance since new and havnt heard or seen of any problems, i asked my dealer about them before i purchased the pipe and was told i shouldnt need a controller, but thats just my 2 cents.
4 strokes are very forgiving...but if you were to actually check you A/F ratio, you would see that it is LEAN. Dangerously lean? I don't know. But lean enough that there is power left on the table? For sure.

The 06, 07, and 08 800 HO's ran a bunch fatter than the 800 R's and were fine with a slip-on pipe.

Call Get Torqed in Edmonton...they've dyno'd and tested nearly every year Can Am out there...they could tell you where the A/F is going to roughly end up.

Top Bottom