2012 trail conditions

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heading over there tommorrow to check on the cows. Maybe they took them out today. Sure hope so. We need to get riding. This is hard to take. We have snow but are very limited on what we can do till the cows go home. Will post here peeps when we are to be working on the trail.

Went out to the TCST today. About 6 inch of snow, Athabasca River 3/4 frooze over. Cleared some trail and looking to repair river bank to access the river when she freezes up. Still Novemeber

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody goin out Sunday?

Posted above. Checking on cows and doing some work in the sign shack. Making up sign posts for the trail. No trail work as of right now but maybe real soon. Crossed fingers for that. I can`t wait to start

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK heres a update. Cattle are home BUT the gates is still locked as far as we know. Landowner will call when they remove all the locks and open all the gates. Pretty cold for the next few days. We have a Xmas party this weekend and helpers could be hard to find. Hunter gates are still locked. I would like to Thank all the local riders who came by looked and didn`t harm the fence or gates. This helps with keeping landowners happy. Nobody likes to repair damaged fences.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK heres the latest scoop. Hunting season doesn`t end till the December 7th I`m told by landowner so no South trail yet. Lady who owns the land that the cows were in hasn`t called saying ALL the gates unlocked. Club has a social event Saturday so Sunday may be the first day to check it out. Gonna be cold maybe just a scoot around and see if the gates are unlocked. Parking area is full of snow hasn`t been plowed yet so will let you all know when its up and running.Please dont park on nthe road or Elk Island Sales driveway.

Thanks for your patience with us getting our trail opened. Its coming trust us please

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok today we had a drive by trail condition trip. Cattle area gates locks will be removed today. New issue(as if we didn`t have enough) is they are putting a new pipeline right across out trail just South of Bruderhiem. We will have a go around till we are told not to.
We will be doing some night work this week so give us somemore time till trail is open. Thanks

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We rode the trail tonight to Bruderhiem. Snow has blown off ther fields pretty bad as well as very hard snowdrifts. We will be looking for helpers when we are going to sign the trail. Gonna be chilly this weekend so we will wait and see if we can get out to work on signage. South trail area gates may open this weekend as well. All depends on the temps.
Thanks for waiting. It will be open soon members. Keep smilling.:d

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you Sledheadjoe for plowing the parking lot. Also Thanks to whoever cleaned it the other day. So I would say staging area has been plowed. Sure hope it warms up a bit so we can get to work on our trails.
Thanks for waiting people. We WILL get this trail up and going.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forecast looks god for Sunday :d

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Forecast looks god for Sunday :d

Don thanks for the weather update. Don is looking after the trail this weekend. He will post here what he is doing. I have to go to Calgary. Sunday is looking better.
PM PDQ and ask him whats happening.

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out to ClubHouse and put up STOP signs at the road crossings -22(just a little chilly).
Want to go out tomorrow(Sunday) and ride the trail and put some reflector stakes up along the way.
If anyone is interested you can meet me at the Staging Area at 10:00 am .
Will be doing the Bruderhiem run as we still can't access Bud's Lake yet.(gates still locked)..
Thanks for your patience in getting the trail up..

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the work done this weekend on the trails. PDQ and Player were working out in the cold. So many intereseted so few helpers. We will be working on the trail this week during the day and at night. Was pretty busy out there this weekend with the local riders. Gates to BUDDS Lake still closed. Hope they will get opened now that it is warmer.

Had a few questions on trail passes sale locations. They are avaiable at E&S Yamaha,ASE Arctic Cat in Sherwood Park as well as Sherwood Park Service (old certigard) in Sherwood Park. You can PM me also and I will get you some.

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunday Dec 9--Had a good day.Got trail to Bruderhiem Halfway completed,Cut and removed a tree that had our trail blocked,Put up reflector stakes,and some more signage....Will need to complete stakeing before trail can be opened..Will also have to restake trail South to Budds Lake as most of the stakes that were put up a few weeks ago have mysteriously vanished????Still need to get land owner to open gates as well...
Now for the bad news---lots of sledders out having a good ride(thats ok) But some are not following the rules----Saw a place where some sledders had pushed the fence wire down so they could gain acess to Buds Lake.THIS IS A NO NO...I sure hope that the landowner doesn't revoke our privilage to use his land...
Also came upon a group of sledders that had a misshap with a tree .. Glad to see nobody was hurt but there is one Polaris that will need some new plastic and maybe a little straightening...

TRAIL CLOSED PLEASE GIVE US TIME TO FINISH SIGNING AND STAKEING

REMEMBER TO RIDE RESPONSABLY THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:

wildwolf78

Reaction score
Finally got my sled back, been stored for awhile so I had to get it serviced. I am being very patient and waiting for the trails to be open. I am very new to the area in regard to the trails, so not sure where to go. Glad I joined the Snow Angels. Following the posts, thanks for the updates. I will try to be there for the first full trail ride.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok Don was out today. Did some signage and cut the locks off the farmers gates. Seen where the group that screwed with the fence came from. May have to give them a visit at home.
Got stuck a couple of times in the sticky soft snow. Was raining when he come home.

So Saturday is the day if you want to help. Please come out and help us get this thing opened up. 2 crews 1 signage and 1 tree clearing crew. Please be at the staging area next to Elk Island Sales Sat morning at 9:00 AM. The more helpers we get the faster it gets done. Snow is coming not going to be so cold,perfect time to work on the trails and fix a section of fence.

Ask questions here. Thanks people

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK the locks were cut BUT with the landowners permission..THANK YOU..
LOTS OF TREES DOWN Also lots of snow maybe 2feet or more...YEAAAA..
Just need to Ride the AIR out of it (lol)
See you Sat morning 9:00am at the staging lot...

GATES ARE OPEN-------TRAIL IS NOT
WE ARE WORKING ON IT

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn`t look like we are getting any helpers:confused:. All these riders asking about the trail and using the trail and just a few interested in helping open the trails. Just wondering

Top Bottom