2012 summit belt "shroud"

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa. It continues to amaze me how guys will pull something off that weighs a half a pound because it is to heavy yet they will pack a 6 pack of beer up the hill or they could have a big chit and solve the weight issues. LMAO.

What amazes me is how guys think they know more than the manufaucturer. Buy a new machine and then screw it up tearing ch!t off and drilling holes in things.
Like the guys that hop up their diesel trucks and blow head gaskets, tear out trannys etc. Leave it alone and enjoy it.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have taken off the plastic and kept the shroud, Think it makes for better air circulation around the primary.JMO

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
What amazes me is how skidoo couldn't figure out a way to make this sled lighter over the last 5 years instead of gaining 30 lbs. How many of you guys are keeping that big ugly windshield on? How much does that half gallon of paint weigh that they threw on this thing? Why not offer it with a Boss seat like cat did a couple years ago? I got the "X" but really what's the difference between the X and the SP other than shocks, bars, and a higher price tag? I believe Polaris will be leading the charge in the next few years. All they need is 20 more horsepower and a 16 inch track and they'll be eating our Summits for breakfast. As for the plastic belt shroud? This thing is supposed to pull cool air from the side panel? Footwell? Where's that air supposed to come from when the sled is in handlebar deep powder? I can see that maybe the engineer who designed this has never ridden a sled off a groomed trail. I'm beginning to think that I should've bought the RMK and spent the 2 grand difference on horsepower.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow talk about buyers remorse? Funny thing. If its 30 lbs heavier why is it still trading marks with the Poo? The Xp is 5 years old now and will be replaced next season buy a newer , younger, lighter more powerful replacement. Be happy you have some trade in value on a 2013 cause the Poo will be outdated....BIG TIME...... at this time next season. You've been schooled.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
According to the $14800 missing from my bank account, not exactly a steal. I'll ride it but I'll strip every part off that I don't think belongs for mountain riding. Here's to hoping the 2013 summit will be lighter, it already has the power. I'd like to see Cat and Polaris scrambling to try copying their next invention. I just can't see myself on anything other than Ski-Doo.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Schooled? Why not make it lighter so we don't have to spend 2-3 thousand bucks on lightweight parts? Pretty simple math as far as I'm concerned

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Schooled? Why not make it lighter so we don't have to spend 2-3 thousand bucks on lightweight parts? Pretty simple math as far as I'm concerned

Lighter machines are great, but are also easier to damage. Imo. I never wrecked anything but plastic on my old rev. Have put rails and a A arm on my 11 in the 1500km I have put on it. And ride it exactly the same way I rode my rev.

sent from a phone

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tear if off the plastic only and vent the panels! The way to go to keep the clutches cool...also remove all the foam off the panels too...depending on what your riding you may have to move your tool kit...

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tear if off and vent the panels! The way to go to keep the clutches cool...also remove all the foam off the panels too...depending on what your riding you may have to move your tool kit...

Why not give it a shot? You have nothing to lose.

sent from a phone

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new cover will keep your belt 30-40 degrees cooler than any of the previous years. less heat means less slippage which means more hook up! if anyone wants to throws theirs out i will gladly take it off your hands! it will also prevent the clutch from eating through the side panel whan carving and sidehilling

x2. i would take the extra pound. better then eating up belts!!

Brap

Reaction score
someome much smarter than me designed that so im leaving it

Top Bottom